i took photos of sunrise from my balcony and someone called the police!

Haha. Can't wait to see your photos. Pls post, ok?

maybe they are doing something that is illegal, they afraid since ur camera is "pointing" to their direction :bsmilie:

So good can see sunrise from your balcony. My house is so enclosed.

Btw you got check if your neighbour is shooting you with their camera or not? How they know you are shooting out of the window?

why not, before long, you will the "queen of sunrise" in CS. :)

Hmm.... The title of "queen of sunrise" should go to a friend of mine instead. She captures the sunrise almost every morning from her bedroom window with her hp. she happens to share the same surname as u so why dont u shoot sunrise daily? U can be "king loo of sunrise" n she "queen loo of sunrise." ok,i am lame. ;p

Haha. Can't wait to see your photos. Pls post, ok?

Ok,will post later. Camera at home. I stop before the sun actually rises.

maybe they are doing something that is illegal, they afraid since ur camera is "pointing" to their direction :bsmilie:

I did not point directly opposite. i was standing at the corner of the balcony,camera pointing diagonally out. No buildings in front of me leh.

So good can see sunrise from your balcony. My house is so enclosed.

Btw you got check if your neighbour is shooting you with their camera or not? How they know you are shooting out of the window?

Now,that is a good question. I dont know who reported!

Hang a sign outside your window "I'm taking sunrise! Can't you give me some peace!! Whoever you are! Please mind your own business.. I'm not interested in your $ or whatsoever"

Hmm.... The title of "queen of sunrise" should go to a friend of mine instead. She captures the sunrise almost every morning from her bedroom window with her hp. she happens to share the same surname as u so why dont u shoot sunrise daily? U can be "king loo of sunrise" n she "queen loo of sunrise." ok,i am lame. ;p
FYI, can always see sunrise at my window, and I can be at the Punngol end shooting sunrise in 15 mins time if I want to. ;)

btw, "loo" also has another meaning in English, and in Chinese, may not sharing the same surname. :)

FYI, can always see sunrise at my window, and I can be at the Punngol end shooting sunrise in 15 mins time if I want to. ;)

btw, "loo" also has another meaning in English, and in Chinese, may not sharing the same surname. :)

both of u r so lucky. That friend of mine lives in sengkang. U guys r greeted by nice views daily!
Ya i know what u mean. :bsmilie: i dont know how to write her surname in chinese but it's pronounced as "lu"(2) :)

Last edited:
Hang a sign outside your window "I'm taking sunrise! Can't you give me some peace!! Whoever you are! Please mind your own business.. I'm not interested in your $ or whatsoever"

What if the person is illiterate? :bsmilie: i should just go punggol end next time. Avoid trouble from crazy neighbours! ;p

both of u r so lucky. That friend of mine lives in sengkang. U guys r greeted by nice views daily!
Ya i know what u mean. :bsmilie: i dont know how to write her surname in chinese but it's pronounced as "lu"(2) :)
so is 卢 or 鲁 or 陆?? second sound should be 卢, same as mine, and if same dialect group, most probably have to call me Ah Gong (my middle name ranking is very senior);)

just wonder what will happen if the policeman saw some picture aiming specifically at one of the opposite windows.
I am sure some people will do that, and do a 100% crop to see the IQ if their pictures. I think bros here better think twice if want to do that.

I always do it to check both IQ of lens and cam ... but I aim at the aircon instead of the windows....

I did not point directly opposite. i was standing at the corner of the balcony,camera pointing diagonally out. No buildings in front of me leh.

arh.... that's funny :bsmilie:

The best is to show the police the pics you shoot.
Maybe the police will "charge" them for "false alarm"?? :dunno:

wah, if false alarm will kenna charge, then no one will dare to report suspicious person, luggage all those stuff liao

you mean there is something wrong with taking photos out of your window?

if i can see your dwelling from where i am, then shouldn't the onus be on you to cover up, if you want your privacy?

i remember quite a few cases all over the world where people are arrested for being naked in their own house

http://www.infowars.com/man-arrested-for-being-naked-in-own-house/

it is a tough thing, because there are people who expose themselves deliberately

You are sooooo cute.
You mean u set ur tripod etc then go find toothbrush is it?
so while waiting u can brush ur teeth!?

Nope,i washed up before i set up everything. Was trying to lighten the mood by joking with them. ;p

i thought ts set up the gear, than brush teeth while siting at the balcony shooting away.:bsmilie:

One time, at around 10+pm.... I was at the top of a mutil-level carpark next to my block. Armed with a tripod and my 70-200mm with TC, I was taking photos of the Moon. After about 10mins... I notice someone standing behind a window from another block of flats, staring at me. So, I look at the person, pointed towards the moon..... trying to show that I'm taking photos of it.... that person saw me noticing him/her, when and hid behind the curtains. :bsmilie:

I move off 5mins later just incase needing to explain myself to the men in blue.... :bsmilie:

One time, at around 10+pm.... I was at the top of a mutil-level carpark next to my block. Armed with a tripod and my 70-200mm with TC, I was taking photos of the Moon. After about 10mins... I notice someone standing behind a window from another block of flats, staring at me. So, I look at the person, pointed towards the moon..... trying to show that I'm taking photos of it.... that person saw me noticing him/her, when and hid behind the curtains. :bsmilie:

I move off 5mins later just incase needing to explain myself to the men in blue.... :bsmilie:

same same, but i mounted 500mm f5.6 pentacon, many residents looking out their windows, but luckily they didnt call MIB.

The idiotic neighbor must hv watched some hollywood spy/terrorist movie on the shortly b4 they spotted you doing the similar thing on balcony. You should hv asked to take a group photo with the police at the balcony for the neighbor to see. :bsmilie:

so is 卢 or 鲁 or 陆?? second sound should be 卢, same as mine, and if same dialect group, most probably have to call me Ah Gong (my middle name ranking is very senior);)

I think hers is "卢". She's hainanese,like me. U? :)