I think i made a wrong choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh Sin77 brother, dun be so sad k.... for the beginner level, its the best to start off with Nikon.

Think about it this way:
1) Go and use ur previous PNS and then use ur D60 to shoot the exact same item. Then go preview it on ur computer, which one is much nicer? Answer: D60

2) Hang the D60 on ur neck, hold the D60 in ur hands. After that hold the PNS, which one has a nicer and shiok feeling? Answer: D60

3) Hang the D60 and walk around the streets and get all the stares and look of everyone looking at ur cam as if u are a professional photographer. Then hang the PNS and walk around. Which one more shiok feeling? Answer: D60

4) Take a look at users of D3 and see how much they are sweating and their forearm groaning in pain after 3 hours of usage. Then u take ur D60 and laugh out loud at how light it is. Which one better? Answer: D60

5) D3 takes 11 fps at $7000, which is 1 fps for $1000. D60 take 3fps for $1000, which is 1 fps for $333. Which one more value for money? Answer: D60

6) Use D60 + kit lens and then take a D3 + 24-70 f2.8 to shoot the same scene. Then take the photo and show it to the average person on the street. what the people will say "Both images look the same". So again, which one is better value for money? Answer: D60

7) While your D60 don't have the motor inside and thus u are limited at the lens choices. Think again, is ur lens focal length and apeture requirements so specific to the non AF-S lens? Is there really no equivalent substitute of AF-S lens that are at almost the same price?
Frankly, AF-S lenses are quieter and focus smoother, if possible just get the AF-S lens.
D3 with a motor to use non AF-S lens but cost $7000. D60 with no motor but yet u can find roughly equivalent lens of same quality and D60 cost $1000. So which one better? Answer: D60

ok, so tell me now, why are u still so sad with a D60, it trashes the $7000 D3 upside down. :thumbsup:

D60 got no live preview.
It cannot use alot of lenses, because doesnt have built-in motor. Hence have to spend $$$ on certain range of lenses.
Lastly it only got 3 af points.

The thing i like abt my D60 is really the feel.
Small and light enough.
The grip is comfortable for me.
Having D-lighting and an antidust system are so great.

it never too late to switch

U've already made a purchase, why don't U make the most of it & upgrade in future?

D60 got no live preview.
It cannot use alot of lenses, because doesnt have built-in motor. Hence have to spend $$$ on certain range of lenses.

Small and light enough.

Hardly use liveview for me.

You don't need all those lenses. I've used non-AF-S lenses on D60 and I find it very easy using the rangefinder display. Focusing is spot on. So what if there is more than 1 AF point? I come from old school, I just use the single AF point in the centre, lock focus, recompose and shoot. Same with D60. 3 AF point is 2 too many for me. ;p

When you think you have made the wrong choice, you can always switch, but my advice is to move on.

No live-view, use view finder like others said, move on.
3 AF-point, try use Af-L or half-press shutter, move on.
No AFS lens, use manual focus, if you really want it but do not own one, you can always rent, move on.
No money for AFS, again, practice manual focus.

making a wrong choice = live with it? :think:

try telling that to the folks in b&s who sell their brand new cameras/lenses after only a few days use, presumably because they made a wrong choice/impulse purchase.

don't be ashamed to switch and try out something else that might suit u better.

dont mind if i say something ? .. just shoot with watever you have now and have fun .. after all its still the same .. unless its hasselblad you are talking about which makes a difference ..

I think no matter what camera you use, there's always something that is lacking from it which you can find in another camera.. So unless we satisfy ourself with what we have, it would probably be a never ending game.. :dunno:

The only wrong thing you can ever do is to buy a camera and start thinking you've made the wrong choice instead of using it to take pictures.....

best reply i have seen:thumbsup:

how about using another d60, by canon that is.

really, cant understand why you think you made a bad choice, you d60 is way more advance than mine (canon d60), beside the high noise using high iso (2002 camera what, per-digic processor), dont find anything wrong with it.

D60 got no live preview.

Small and light enough.

how often you use the rest of the AF points???

when i had 11 i was still wondering why i always used the centre one 99% of the time

so nice of everyone to give me so much advice. I hope to learn as much as possible from here on. I think no point to change camera again.

so nice of everyone to give me so much advice. I hope to learn as much as possible from here on. I think no point to change camera again.

if after a genuine try to use it, you might possibly post your thoughts on it

after all, some people cannot live with certain camera models, while some people can; there is nothing wrong with changing a system/camera body just because you do not like it

what matters is that first and foremost:
1) you give your camera and yourself a chance, especially if you are new to dslr; and find that dslr is different (not necessarily harder) from using prosumer, because it IS different in many ways

2) and you provide a cool calm headed assessment of your needs and what you really want in a dslr body/brand. if the d60 does not meet your needs..then why not switch, rather than feeling that you have been stuck in a rut because of this or that.. end up it does not make your shooting experience a pleasant one. after all, photographs or not, i'm sure we all look to gain some amount of satisfaction out of shooting, instead of just producing photographs.

how often you use the rest of the AF points???

when i had 11 i was still wondering why i always used the centre one 99% of the time

When you are shooting sports.

Yea. Dun think of changing camera. :)

Try to shoot, play, experiment with your camera.

Good luck. :D

:sweat:

my center one is the one that is hardly used

Sad to say, but the centre one is always the most accurate because it's on the optical axis. And I find it faster to AF-lock and recompose, rather than fiddling with the directional buttons to find the right AF point for me. ;p

i tink its ok as u r bound to be unhappy about sumthing about ur cam. there will nv be a perfect cam for u...

juz shoot and enjoy..

:bsmilie:Hi. The Nikon D60 is my first DSLR as well. I had the choice of the 400D, which was a much better package, but I chose the D60 in the end.

After much research, I realised the 400D has much better features than the Nikon, auto bracketing, in-built motor, 7 focus points, all of which e Nikon didn't have.

BUT, I have learnt to live with its limitations, and work around it. The D60 is a gift from my mum, and yes, it is a way hefty investment to us.

At first, after getting the cam, I read more reviews about it, and felt more and more hurt with each criticism I read. I felt I got a bad deal.

Then I realised, there is no such thing as a perfect camera. In the end, it all DWELLS on YOU!!! Whether you will go the extra mile to take a good photo. Learn to love the flaws. Appreciate it for its uniqueness, and you'll become a better photographer.

Treat it like a person. Don't we all have flaws, but, we have our good points as well don't we?

Love your cam. N stop reading the bad stuff about it. Stop being unhappy and take more photos.

Treat your first DSLR as your first girlfriend...haha. Learn to love her, and not ditch her.

Anyway, I had to play with my friend's 400D...the feel just wasnt there...

I have 1 month of experience in photography, a newbie learning from his camera each day and loving it.

Enough crap from me...

Gd luck between your relationship between you and your cam!:bsmilie:

:heart:May feelings develop:heart:

eh Sin77 brother, dun be so sad k.... for the beginner level, its the best to start off with Nikon.

Think about it this way:
1) Go and use ur previous PNS and then use ur D60 to shoot the exact same item. Then go preview it on ur computer, which one is much nicer? Answer: D60

2) Hang the D60 on ur neck, hold the D60 in ur hands. After that hold the PNS, which one has a nicer and shiok feeling? Answer: D60

3) Hang the D60 and walk around the streets and get all the stares and look of everyone looking at ur cam as if u are a professional photographer. Then hang the PNS and walk around. Which one more shiok feeling? Answer: D60

4) Take a look at users of D3 and see how much they are sweating and their forearm groaning in pain after 3 hours of usage. Then u take ur D60 and laugh out loud at how light it is. Which one better? Answer: D60

5) D3 takes 11 fps at $7000, which is 1 fps for $1000. D60 take 3fps for $1000, which is 1 fps for $333. Which one more value for money? Answer: D60

6) Use D60 + kit lens and then take a D3 + 24-70 f2.8 to shoot the same scene. Then take the photo and show it to the average person on the street. what the people will say "Both images look the same". So again, which one is better value for money? Answer: D60

7) While your D60 don't have the motor inside and thus u are limited at the lens choices. Think again, is ur lens focal length and apeture requirements so specific to the non AF-S lens? Is there really no equivalent substitute of AF-S lens that are at almost the same price?
Frankly, AF-S lenses are quieter and focus smoother, if possible just get the AF-S lens.
D3 with a motor to use non AF-S lens but cost $7000. D60 with no motor but yet u can find roughly equivalent lens of same quality and D60 cost $1000. So which one better? Answer: D60

ok, so tell me now, why are u still so sad with a D60, it trashes the $7000 D3 upside down. :thumbsup:

hahaha. I like the points you mentioned. Great one!

:bsmilie:Hi. The Nikon D60 is my first DSLR as well. I had the choice of the 400D, which was a much better package, but I chose the D60 in the end.

After much research, I realised the 400D has much better features than the Nikon, auto bracketing, in-built motor, 7 focus points, all of which e Nikon didn't have.

BUT, I have learnt to live with its limitations, and work around it. The D60 is a gift from my mum, and yes, it is a way hefty investment to us.

At first, after getting the cam, I read more reviews about it, and felt more and more hurt with each criticism I read. I felt I got a bad deal.

Then I realised, there is no such thing as a perfect camera. In the end, it all DWELLS on YOU!!! Whether you will go the extra mile to take a good photo. Learn to love the flaws. Appreciate it for its uniqueness, and you'll become a better photographer.

Treat it like a person. Don't we all have flaws, but, we have our good points as well don't we?

Love your cam. N stop reading the bad stuff about it. Stop being unhappy and take more photos.

Treat your first DSLR as your first girlfriend...haha. Learn to love her, and not ditch her.

Anyway, I had to play with my friend's 400D...the feel just wasnt there...

I have 1 month of experience in photography, a newbie learning from his camera each day and loving it.

Enough crap from me...

Gd luck between your relationship between you and your cam!:bsmilie:

:heart:May feelings develop:heart:
hahaha... 1st GF.. nice e.g.

really true actually. i was investing 2 temp jobs worth of salary into my 1st DSLR about a month back... (ouch!)

had D40, D60, 400D, K100DS, E410 & A200 to choose from... so many!!! :dunno:

but budget won me over... K100DS was one of the cheapest n had good features..

i admit i am already drooling over the K20D, but hey, wat for got good cam when im not gd enuf yet? hahaha..

juz use and enjoy la....

Status
Not open for further replies.