I hate Windows VISTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems in USA, Dell cusotmers got so fed up with Vista, they petitioned the company to sell PCs with XP.
Dell bowed to strong cusotmer demands and reintro PCs/Notebooks sold with XP.

i was advised by DELL salesgirl to choose XP instead Vista

Beijing Olympics 2008 in Beijing, China will require a lot of IT hardware and support but instead of using the new Microsoft operating system (OS) - Windows Vista, the computer hardware in the Games will run on Windows XP. Lenovo will be providing the necessary computer equipment - servers, laptops and desktops to make the Games a success and also, for its brand-building.

Xie Long, director of Olympic sponsorship for Lenovo’s Olympic Business Department, explained that the list of computing equipment for the Beijing Olympics was finalized almost three years ago, when “Vista was not even born”. :bsmilie:

When XP goes end of life or end of support, most people have to use Vista, no choice. :bsmilie:

vista1.jpg

That might be a long time from now...untill just the begining of this year I had Win98 running on 2 of my PCs very stable and never gave me problem. I have to give it up as I upgrade to faster system and they are not win98 friendly...upgrade to XP Unless I am running more newer s/w which require XP..app running on my win98s were great. Best part they seldom crash and less problematic with virus which were attacking XP more.

Vista sucks! :thumbsd: Almost pulled out all my hair & smashed my newly bought lappy. Now I can only go online in the office. My lappy is now a white elephant at home sitting quietly in a corner.

Even my office's Window's 2000 is more enjoyable to use than the crappy Vista. :angry:

i can understand, i switched from XP to Vista, than Vista to XP....Astala Vista baby!

Hope they will improve with Windows 7 for its 2010 release :sweat:

i play around with it for about 30mins while helping my sis to setup her wireless network on her laptop, never have i ever been so frustrated using a comp. Everything sucks, graphics doesn't look great anyway. Things don't get easier, its just gets more stupid...from then on, no more windows for me...now a happy mac user after my comp running xp died on me.

too much xmm pictures also

take up a lot of hard disk space, and the xmms will start fighting over who gets more space

Exactly that's my case. :bsmilie:

But back to the topic, I have no problems with Vista. Don't install too much softwares which you don't need at all. I added one more 1GB strip and things have been super smooth at 2 Gig.

Debated for a long time whether to go with Cista or XP for my new pc. Finally, after long discussion with the system integrator, decided to take the leap and go with Vista. So far so good. There were lots of initial problems, including the dreaded blue screen of death, that was hard ware related problems, and now, been stable for about a month.

Knock on wood, no problems. Granted, I do not install much onto this pc at all, just CS3, Office 2003, Firefox, an occasional game, and whatever appletets that is needed to make it run.

Most of the time, the pc is not even online :)

After reading all this posts, I am glad I never buy Vista (but switch to os x) ... Now, my home is windowless.

After using Vista on the pc with a 2GB ram and a 512 graphics card. No problem. Only problem is that it refused to work with a lot of third party software.

The most irritating thing is it makan ram. More ram may solve more problems. I guess that is the reason why nbs are suffering from it.

i play around with it for about 30mins while helping my sis to setup her wireless network on her laptop, never have i ever been so frustrated using a comp. Everything sucks, graphics doesn't look great anyway. Things don't get easier, its just gets more stupid...from then on, no more windows for me...now a happy mac user after my comp running xp died on me.

Anywae mac is coming wif the leopard more advance than before. I wonder is windows trying to let apple earns more money. It seems that if you went to a apple store you will find the salesman telling you sorry all imac had been sold out.

Debated for a long time whether to go with Cista or XP for my new pc. Finally, after long discussion with the system integrator, decided to take the leap and go with Vista. So far so good. There were lots of initial problems, including the dreaded blue screen of death, that was hard ware related problems, and now, been stable for about a month.

Knock on wood, no problems. Granted, I do not install much onto this pc at all, just CS3, Office 2003, Firefox, an occasional game, and whatever appletets that is needed to make it run.

Most of the time, the pc is not even online :)

Same as Deadpoet, not much installed, just Photoshop and some games, antivirus and antispyware, so pretty smooth. A bit of performance issues initially but the system is smooth now with 2 GB RAM.

Looks like you need a minimum of 2 GB memory to have reasonable performance. If you have just 1 GB RAM, well, Vista is a memory guzzler and won't perform optimally.

One thing I like about Vista is its ability to roll back installations if something goes wrong (or err, is that available in XP already?)

I still do get the occasional message that IE or Windows Media Player isn't working properly on startup, which doesn't add much confidence to the user. It makes me wonder why Microsoft would roll out something that hits user confidence that way Reopening IE or Media Player solves the problem.

I'm looking forward to having pple giving feedback abt Vista SP1 when it comes out in Jan 08, then decide my next step. I'm looking forward to upgrading to a better graphics card to take advantage of DirectX 10 next year.

Having said that, will probably be doing a first foray into Mac later this yr as well.

no much prob with vista too. resource hog not an issue if you have a good computer. though i still like the xp style of the start menu. anyone know how to make the "all programs" branch out rather than list out?

and to quote what many photographers said, "it's the user, not the equipment.":bsmilie:whoops, a mis-quote.

Couldnt agree more that Vista sucks, it attempts to automate alot of things and make alot of things idiot proof, the result is incompatibility and frustration.

Agree with TS - Vista Sucks.....big time. Played with it on my niece Vista-preinstalled laptop and kind of not getting many 3rd party software to install successfully.

I can say the worst Microsoft product technically though visually very nice looking. I can get my XP to look like Vista using a software called Vista Transfromation Pack. Try it! It works!. Anyway is MS trying to beat Mac at it's game?

I'm saying from experience using from 80's MS-DOS 2.x-6.22, upgrading to Windows 3.xx then Windows 95,98,Me,2000 and XP. Played a bit with Windows NT, also did with Linux OSes (a few versions, RedHat, Suse), BeOS (another unix based GUI OS) and the old and dead IBM OS/2 Warp.

While the non MS product where promising, lack of standard 3rd party apps and hardware support is the main issue. Looks like Vista feels like one. I'll go Non-windows if any other OS is as widely supported like MS or Mac but that is wishful thinking at best ;p

Try installing the latest free antivirus software from Grisoft - AVG 7.5, downloadable on their web, on Vista platform and you'll get an error upon complete installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.