I hate Windows VISTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they will improve with Windows 7 for its 2010 release :sweat:

They're going to do all the things they were originally going to do with Vista before they turned back time in 2003. I read the interview with the person in charge and they're going to remove the graphics subsystem they added in WinNT 3.5.x so that the kernel will be smaller. They might do better but they'll probably not get it right because they don't believe in excellence.

Of course, the 2010 is a joke, right? They've never completed an operating system on time, except for buying 86-DOS, which became MS-DOS/PC-DOS.

After using Vista on the pc with a 2GB ram and a 512 graphics card. No problem. Only problem is that it refused to work with a lot of third party software.

The most irritating thing is it makan ram. More ram may solve more problems. I guess that is the reason why nbs are suffering from it.

So, it works by itself just fine, as long as you give it more RAM? :bsmilie:

Try installing the latest free antivirus software from Grisoft - AVG 7.5, downloadable on their web, on Vista platform and you'll get an error upon complete installation.

Vista still need anti virus? I thought they have improved their security?

They're going to do all the things they were originally going to do with Vista before they turned back time in 2003. I read the interview with the person in charge and they're going to remove the graphics subsystem they added in WinNT 3.5.x so that the kernel will be smaller. They might do better but they'll probably not get it right because they don't believe in excellence.

Of course, the 2010 is a joke, right? They've never completed an operating system on time, except for buying 86-DOS, which became MS-DOS/PC-DOS.

So, it works by itself just fine, as long as you give it more RAM? :bsmilie:

I always have open mind. If MS can come out with an OS I like, I will switch from Mac to Windows again.

no error when i tried it

Good for you, but didn't worked on my niece Acer laptop model 4720 (something like that). It should not ever work (or not work) in that way.

I wonder if it'll will work with older games like Diablo2 etc, if I already encounter problems on a new software like AVG 7.5.

That's the price we pay for being over-reliant on one or two company monopoly. Open source OS is the way but it's kinda too late and off topic here. Never looked back since I use XP but won't go forward with Vista until major glitches is iron out.

Actually took me until XP release SP2 before I upgraded to it from Win 2k. Might be a while before upgrading again.:think:

When XP goes end of life or end of support, most people have to use Vista, no choice. :bsmilie:

vista1.jpg

Here I fixed it for you..

1729926232_216f2c22a8_o.jpg

Vista is really crappy. The Tissue paper is much needed to clean up the crap.

I recently bought 2 Laptops for my office use, as XP does not ship with new Laptops anymore, I am forced to upgrade. I am currently facing problems with the Vista laptops joining my office domain. The Laptop just throws the famous Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) whenever accessing shared folders on the domain. Anyone faces this problem?

For any one going to upgrade to the Vista path, better think twice.

I am so much better off with my Mac anytime.

Mike

can we have a case against Microsoft in this ?

it is a loss of time and business opporunities to the affected user becos of an faulty software.

Vista still need anti virus? I thought they have improved their security?

Got a trojan virus on my vista not long after I got my lappy. Luckily managed to clean it & my lappy now has Anti-Virus loaded. But the most irritating part is that I'm unable to go to certain websites and I can't seem to access the B&S section in ClubSnap when I use my lappy. :angry:

Got a trojan virus on my vista not long after I got my lappy. Luckily managed to clean it & my lappy now has Anti-Virus loaded. But the most irritating part is that I'm unable to go to certain websites and I can't seem to access the B&S section in ClubSnap when I use my lappy. :angry:

Erm..
#1 if you've a trojan in your system, chances are you specifically allowed it to install.
#2 Vista's more of an OS than web filter. If you're unable to access "part" of the internet, then it's your software issue, not vista problem
#3 I'm not sure which AV you've installed, but do affirm that it has actual working realtime scanners. :) not just what you read from the web of course.

I've been running Vista from before it was officially released, and has switched off my main workstation only a couple of times in the past 1 year or so... Maybe I'm lucky, but I've not a trojan horse or virus on my system, and I've not a single AV installed on my system. True I've ran into reproducible memory leaks, but it's nothing a reboot won't solve (rebooting every few days doesn't really hurt even in XP days). Never once have I been unable to surf just part of any sites..

I do a high level of customization to my system, so I do get the BSOD once in a while, never more than XP. *shrug* I even crash Macs often enough to say that it happens with every system.

LOL My only complain is that sometimes, the BSOD happens so suddenly that there's no warning signs about it. I don't even know how or why.

You know, there is a lot of criticisim abouty Vista (worldwide) and yet there are a lot of users without problems. Let me share some thoughts and facts to clear misconceptions.

Vista was the most thoroughly tested software product EVER. Tens of thousands of licenced partners and developers tested it for about a year, then 60,000 employees used it for a couple months before it hit the market.

Today, there are 50%-70% more drivers in use than 5 years ago. On top of this, some companies decided to not update/rebuild drivers for Vista, simply to manage their own internal business costs (Logitech web cams come to mind).

Microsoft has already announced plans for SP1 which (among other things) aims to increase speed, security and stability.

So- like it or don't like it, those are the facts. Now for the opinion:

- If you can chose between upgrading an operating systems or replacing your system, the latter is safer and more stable. Don't upgrade, get a new machine.

- About Dell: IMHO they saw and exploited a win-win situations. They saw a market niche (users that prefer XP) and needed to clear out older inventory, and they had just lost the lead in marketshare (to HP). Smart move Dell!

- I've worked in a few different offices, and sometimes the actual user expereince (thinking about the first post) is influenced more by the local systems team than the hardware or software. Think about it... who really controls your access to a VPN? Dell? HP? Apple? Microsoft? No way.

So... final comment. What does this thread have to do with photography? :dunno:

enjoy

hmmm maybe im the only happy user of vista....:p

Nope - i love it too. But the first few days were frustrating until all drivers get loaded. My Apple loving wife is now used to it too.

Yup. MS has become the convenient punching bag. When there is a blue screen of death in MS operating system, it is always MS fault. When we got one on Mac, "third party app is the culprit".

Vista is crap...period. Only 1 thing is worse than Vista and that is ME. I moved to Vista last month and after one day of problems decided to move back to XP. Vista will be stable in future but for now we are the guinea pigs for Microsoft.

While we are complaining about Vista, apple is not doing any better.
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/02/leopard-buggie

to juz quote a bit from the above link:
One user said that Leopard was more like a beta than a US$129 upgrade and if Apple does not pull its finger out soon he was going back to Tiger. Generally the message summed up by one user was "Apple fix please Leopard is useless [sic]."

Lets face it, every new OS iteration, there will be problems. Give it sometime & things shud turn out fine. :) I find Vista ok, juz lack of new app support & drivers for now.

While we are complaining about Vista, apple is not doing any better.
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/02/leopard-buggie

to juz quote a bit from the above link:
One user said that Leopard was more like a beta than a US$129 upgrade and if Apple does not pull its finger out soon he was going back to Tiger. Generally the message summed up by one user was "Apple fix please Leopard is useless [sic]."

The typical Apple Fan boy will never see it that way heh...

Anyone wanna use VISTA..I say give it another year. That was what I did with XP it was like 2 yrs later that I started changing all my systems to XP and it was pretty stable by then. By itself..it plays nice...only saw the blue screen just a few times and usually to do with some 3rd party s/w and usually those less well known types that I normally would install to "try-try".

Status
Not open for further replies.