I got stun!

Time Is money... Rush... Just like your Lens.. the faster the happier you will be...

You travel at 120km/hr because the car in front of you is also travelling at 120km/hr or you think you have great driving skills+reactions where you can take the risks with travelling at 120km/hr on the busy roads of Singapore ?

Sorry , I cannot get your hint about your job where it is to know the traffic rules of Singapore well .

To me 120km/h is ok. End of the day, depends on your comfort zone and how considerate you are to the others. I doubt you can go 120 during peak hours but it is possible at other timings.

Singapore roads are ONLY busy during peak hours. Don't get conned by the statement made by people who said number of cars on the road are increasing faster than they can build the road, they are the ones at fault. Did they monitor or anticipate? now system failed then point fingers. How come nobody make a statement that prices are increasing faster than pay increment or salary ceiling increment?

OFF topic questions for us to think rather than getting stun on the road :)

Why car come in so much higher than OMV? why is there COE? why is there ERP? why 3 separate amount but similar purpose ? ever heard of CBD ? why CBD changed to ERP? so now whole country is CBD? if CBD=ERP

To slow increase of cars on the road. why car loan back to 10years from 7? why throw out alot coe instead of controlling, after all that announce too many cars on the road and start reduction? Why kill bus services and make commuters overcrowd the train?

What is the use of an expressway? if people need to go point B, which is faster? small roads or expressway? where will the people chased out go? Small roads or park at home then take bus? if the system is working, why widen the expressway? why going home also charge? where all the million dollars go to each day?

lane 1 is for overtaking. by right, no one's supposed to use that lane, unless for the act of overtaking

and if there are 2 lanes, the right-most lane is for overtaking. no one's supposed to use it

if there are 3 lanes, the right-most (1st lane) is for overtaking. the center lane is for faster moving vehicles. if slow vehicles are within it and holding up traffic, it's deemed as road hogging.

yes. i wonder how they pass their btt and ftt. i really hate those ppl that hog the lanes and think they own the lane.

i rem this guy is really terrible driver. hes going at 70-80km / hr. he just shift to 1st lane when there was no cars in the middle lane. i really hope he crashes his car.
If everyone was considerate enough and follow the rules and giving way, there wont be such congestion on the roads everyday.

why do people like the 1st lane when they are slow and not over taking?

I thought those car travelling at 120km are doing a "national trial" to see if we can increase the speed limits of the roads?? :dunno:

You travel at 120km/hr because the car in front of you is also travelling at 120km/hr or you think you have great driving skills+reactions where you can take the risks with travelling at 120km/hr on the busy roads of Singapore ?

and your nit-pickings are on what grounds?

and your nit-pickings are on what grounds?

I am sorry if you feel I am nit picking .
I just would like to clarify what you meant when you mentioned that travel at 120km/hr most of the time .
It would be good for me to get my fact right about what you typed because I do not want to assume anything and cause any misunderstanding

TS... That was a very very long tour you have been...

All motorist are trying to do their part by driving faster. Else we will all face with more ERP gantry...

there're just that many traffic police to catch those speeders. as for me... i need to reach work on time, as i live far far away from my workplace :D

not boasting.. but 120km/h to me is kinda slow...

plus it's a nice feeling with the wind in my face ;)

btw, i don't race. it's dangerous

kei1309 said:
there're just that many traffic police to catch those speeders. as for me... i need to reach work on time, as i live far far away from my workplace :D

not boasting.. but 120km/h to me is kinda slow...

plus it's a nice feeling with the wind in my face ;)

btw, i don't race. it's dangerous

Leave home earlier. Hoho.
How far is far? I used to work far too, but only exceed the limit when overtaking. Overtaking on country roads is can be scarey especially when you are on the other side of the road, a big truck is heading towards you and you cant speed up fast enough to overtake the roadtrain or brake quick enough to go behind it. In those cases I've floored the accelerator and got out in time. Its hard to judge whether there are trucks around the next bend or hill. On top of that, on the lookout for roos etc...
I prefer not to risk, but being stuck behind a truck or caravan going at 90 on a 110 road can annoy. Going faster than the limit usually means youll reach the next vehicle infront and need to overtake again.
I don't mind vehicles infront of me speeding, it clears the road ahead.
I am glad I only have to walk to work these days!

Leave home earlier. Hoho.
How far is far? I used to work far too, but only exceed the limit when overtaking. Overtaking on country roads is can be scarey especially when you are on the other side of the road, a big truck is heading towards you and you cant speed up fast enough to overtake the roadtrain or brake quick enough to go behind it. In those cases I've floored the accelerator and got out in time. Its hard to judge whether there are trucks around the next bend or hill. On top of that, on the lookout for roos etc...
I prefer not to risk, but being stuck behind a truck or caravan going at 90 on a 110 road can annoy. Going faster than the limit usually means youll reach the next vehicle infront and need to overtake again.
I don't mind vehicles infront of me speeding, it clears the road ahead.
I am glad I only have to walk to work these days!

yea i wish my workplace was next to my home as well :bsmilie:

just a few days ago i saw some drivers driving behind an ambulance rushing to the hospital. everyone was following behind to make use of this opportunity during the heavy traffic period to go faster... but what irked me was that everyone was tailgating each other.

imagine if the ambulance had to slam the brakes because the car in front refused to give way. what would happen next?

yea i wish my workplace was next to my home as well :bsmilie:

just a few days ago i saw some drivers driving behind an ambulance rushing to the hospital. everyone was following behind to make use of this opportunity during the heavy traffic period to go faster... but what irked me was that everyone was tailgating each other.

imagine if the ambulance had to slam the brakes because the car in front refused to give way. what would happen next?
It was one of the happiest moves I've made, cut my travelling down from 2.5 - 3 hours a day to like 10 minutes walk :D
haha... too risky!
Some drivers are really daring. I don't speed because I can't afford to pay fines, and they can be quite strict here!

It was one of the happiest moves I've made, cut my travelling down from 2.5 - 3 hours a day to like 10 minutes walk :D
haha... too risky!
Some drivers are really daring. I don't speed because I can't afford to pay fines, and they can be quite strict here!

HAH. taking pictures of F1 doesn't mean i like to speed because of that :bsmilie:

I was on the freeway this morning, there were roadworks and signs clearly showing that the limit was 60.
Nobody wanted to follow the limit, even those behind me, drove so close to my back thinking that it'll make me go faster.
I'm in the left-most lane, and when they overtake me, whole families turn and stare.
I'm just following the road rules! :(

I GOT STUN!!!!
Well, I thought I did!
Received a letter, addressed to my sis, but I know it's a speeding fine. So I opened it since I always drive her car...

Relief that it wasn't me speeding, but my sister! and it was on a public holiday, so double demerit points too!
So hi-tech, you see the photos online now!

adamadam said:
I GOT STUN!!!!
Well, I thought I did!
Received a letter, addressed to my sis, but I know it's a speeding fine. So I opened it since I always drive her car...

Relief that it wasn't me speeding, but my sister! and it was on a public holiday, so double demerit points too!
So hi-tech, you see the photos online now!

Can see driver's face also. :bsmilie: