I got stun!

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
I just came back from tour. Took a cab back, cab driver driving over 100+ but still can't catch up a motorcyclist! On top of that, a lot of medium van travelling on the middle lanes and road hogging. I think their speed abt 80km but shouldn't they ard their speed limit which indicate on their vehicle? I also notice most of them are young drivers and so, where got patience to drive at 60km/h unless driving army vehicle lor. TP are sleeping, confirmed! :thumbsd:

No offense, but have you NOT been on singapore road for a long long time?

It is normal for cab drivers to do 110-120 on expressway. The fastest cab I have been in did 140. Same goes for cars. It is very normal to do >110km/h especially if you travel home at 10pm at night where everyone is rushing home.

The van drivers you met are already very kind. Nowadays it is so common to see vans and lorry hogging the middle lane @60-70.

So... which area stunned you? The cab driving at 100+? The cab driving at 100+ and still cannot catch up with the motorcycle or the van in the middle of the road, travelling at 80 but still road hogging? Seriously bro, the above don't make much sense right?

if the vans are travelling at about 80, they are not actually road hogging, plus the speed limit had increase to 70km/h (donkey years ago), and they have all the right to travel in the middle lane too. What you should be worried or stun should be the cab driving at 100+, I would if I were you... safety concern... I wouldn't be surprise or stun with a cab travelling at 100+ and still cannot catch a motorcycle - bcos, first it was not a race, second I will not be too comfortable if that fella (cab driver) is driving too fast.

nothing new... i myself travel at 120km/h regularly be it riding or driving

nothing new... i myself travel at 120km/h regularly be it riding or driving

That is good for you , bad for other law abiding users .

Last edited:
i thought road hogging applies only to Lane 1 (extreme right lane) blocking faster traffic ?

Remember bros, anyone traveling more than 30km/hr more than the limit, would be summoned to the courts for speeding... So be aware when you are speeding.

:)

so that means other law abiding users travel at 120km/h? according to your sentence structure? :bsmilie:

yea i know right? a great way to let off steam after work ;)

Have been in your car, don't wanna be on your bike:bsmilie:

i thought road hogging applies only to Lane 1 (extreme right lane) blocking faster traffic ?

lane 1 is for overtaking. by right, no one's supposed to use that lane, unless for the act of overtaking

and if there are 2 lanes, the right-most lane is for overtaking. no one's supposed to use it

if there are 3 lanes, the right-most (1st lane) is for overtaking. the center lane is for faster moving vehicles. if slow vehicles are within it and holding up traffic, it's deemed as road hogging.

so that means other law abiding users travel at 120km/h? according to your sentence structure? :bsmilie:

Actually what I meant was its good for you because you are so happy about , anything that makes you happy is good for you right ?

And its bad for other law abiding users because they watch the speed limit , stay in their lane , keep a safe distance away from the other car in front BUT there are selfish driver thinking the reason spped limit is at 90km/h is becasue LTA is cheap, do not want to waste paint on another digit not becasue it will endangers other people's lives .

lane 1 is for overtaking. by right, no one's supposed to use that lane, unless for the act of overtaking

and if there are 2 lanes, the right-most lane is for overtaking. no one's supposed to use it

if there are 3 lanes, the right-most (1st lane) is for overtaking. the center lane is for faster moving vehicles. if slow vehicles are within it and holding up traffic, it's deemed as road hogging.

Ironic, you seem to know the rules well

Actually what I meant was its good for you because you are so happy about , anything that makes you happy is good for you right ?

And its bad for other law abiding users because they watch the speed limit , stay in their lane , keep a safe distance away from the other car in front BUT there are selfish driver thinking the reason spped limit is at 90km/h is becasue LTA is cheap, do not want to waste paint on another digit not becasue it will endangers other people's lives .

haha. i don't tailgate. i just drive/ride at the same speed as the car in front of me. so speeding is selfish? so... no comments :bsmilie:

Ironic, you seem to know the rules well

*hint* it's part of my job

As long as the two-second rule is observed, I don't see why not.

Some suaku Singaporeans driving long distances overseas in the middle of nowhere think it is safer to drive at 80 km/hr but fall asleep, crash and die.

Nowadays Hyundai Sonata comes with turbo powered 2.2 litre V6 engine, if the driver accelerate above 80 km/hr DRS, KERS, VTEC will all automatically kick in. CANNOT BE HELP.