i dropped my portable disk !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
hi all, i dropped by portable hard disk ! heart pain ! now my computer and laptop is unable to read its contents. However connectivity is able to established.

is there any hope or method in getting out the contents or do a disk copy to another ? :sweat: anyway Sitex is coming.. i will be buying 2 to 3 news portable disks.

If the contents are precious, could go to a proper data recovery company. Not cheap but they will salvage the contents.

if can detect the HD then there are many tools available to recover the data inside.

the worst kind of drop/failure is that the HD cannot be detected at all.

can detect harddisk but
-the disk spinning or not?
-the head reading or not?

if either of question is "no"

then you really need to call professional liao

can detect harddisk but
-the disk spinning or not?
-the head reading or not?

if either of question is "no"

then you really need to call professional liao

sigh.. nevermind.. guess it is time for it to rest in peace... been using it for 1.5 years, 40G Samsung. The data are in my computer and server.. i used it mainly for transfering between server and pc.

i am planning to have a comprehensive backup system for my photos, MP3 and work related documents. Planning to buy a 100G to 300G and sit by the side of my computer.

Is Seagate good ? any comments ? Any brands to recommend ? :sweat:

it took me, 3 days plus to recover 5.2GB of data in a 80GB sata2 disk..

jus a gauge for u ..

it took me, 3 days plus to recover 5.2GB of data in a 80GB sata2 disk..

jus a gauge for u ..

that is why the final and main backup storage should be in a internal harddisk.. not the portable harddisk.. which is more prone to loss or damage ? of cos.. things that are portable.

seagate 5yr warranty. must be very confident of their products. Else, must be trying to change some perception..:think: either way, 5 years is good.

that is why the final and main backup storage should be in a internal harddisk.. not the portable harddisk.. which is more prone to loss or damage ? of cos.. things that are portable.

er.. mine is internal 3.5" seagate hdd.. :sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.