I Am So Frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all. I wanted to divulge my site - http://www.olympuscheatedme.com - which describes the latest in a long line of problems with Olympus-brand cameras.

My wife and I received an Olympus C-5060 WZ camera as a wedding gift. It was great for the first couple of months that we had it, but, inevitably, we were doomed with the mode dial defect that joins these and the C-5050 models. I sent it back to Olympus in January and they "fixed" it. Unfortunatly, it didn't work when they shipped it back to me (not even for one photo). So, like a nice guy, I spent the cash to ship it ALL THE WAY FROM AFRICA to the USA for more repairs. After a month's delay, they sent me a letter that says they're holding it for hostage unless I pay $244.65 for "damage". It was never even fixed the first time. And, yes, the camera is still under warranty. This problem is well documented in reviews and other websites, but Olympus has yet to accept it as a manufacturer's defect.

Please let me know if you've had similar experiences with Olympus.:angry:

Cheers,
Jonathan aka Mr. Mozambique

Olympus Singapore changed a new camera the same day I reported the problem. I was pleasantly surprised that they were quite polite and they decided to give me a new one instead of sending it for repair when they realised that I need the camera urgently.
I am sad to hear your story...

Jonathan, all this vengence and hatred............. I'm not supporting Olympus but without knowing what you actually did to your 5060 and hearing only your side of the story I remain unconvinced.

I had pretty good experiences with the Olympus service center here in Singapore when I had the same dial problem. Replaced it for me within 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.