I am planning to visit Jiu Zhai Gou in June


Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#1
Have two-week leaves to clear and thinking to visit Jiu Zhai Gou. May I know if anyone else here is interested.
 

#3
Originally posted by tomshen
btw, Jiu Zhai Gou is in China, Si Chuan Province.
Haha, just came back from there. ;)

Very nice scenary, but this happens to be their dry season, a number of lakes are not 'full' and the water level is quite low. Over at Huang Long, 90% of the lakes there are DRY. You only get to see the coloured lakes right at the end after a 3.5 or so kilometer trek. At 4000+m above sea level, it's no easy trek (I had to stop several times to catch my breath).

Best I heard/gathered is to go during autumn. From what I can see from other's photos etc, it's really beatiful in autumn. If only someone can lend me a film scanner to scan all my slides..... ;)

Regards
CK
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#4
thx for yr info ckiang, I will visit the central part of China in Autumn and this two week leaves have to be cleared by the end of next month so...

Maybe should consider another place, I am not very sure yet:rolleyes:
 

#5
Originally posted by tomshen
thx for yr info ckiang, I will visit the central part of China in Autumn and this two week leaves have to be cleared by the end of next month so...

Maybe should consider another place, I am not very sure yet:rolleyes:
You're welcome. Maybe you can get Red Dawn to go with you. He might have caught the chinese photo bug. :)

Regards
CK
 

ed9119

Moderator
Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
11,013
37
48
56
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
#6
This is going to be a little off thread so I apologise immediately. I cannot read chinese but saw pics of this city near shanghai with lots and lots of old buildings and many many canals. I dont know the name but I do know its not Suzhou.

can anyone help?

ed
 

#7
Originally posted by ed9119
This is going to be a little off thread so I apologise immediately. I cannot read chinese but saw pics of this city near shanghai with lots and lots of old buildings and many many canals. I dont know the name but I do know its not Suzhou.

can anyone help?

ed
Hmm...the only oriental Venice I know of is SuZhou. ;p

Regards
CK
 

victor

New Member
Jan 22, 2002
284
0
0
photozone
Visit site
#8
Hi Tom

Interested in joining u for a trip to Jiu Zhai Gou but preferably in autumn . mmm can u clear ur mailbox cos PM cannot get thru :)
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#9
Originally posted by victor
Hi Tom

Interested in joining u for a trip to Jiu Zhai Gou but preferably in autumn . mmm can u clear ur mailbox cos PM cannot get thru :)
Hi victor, thx for your interest, I have cleared my PM box:)
 

ninelives

Senior Member
Jan 16, 2002
3,247
3
38
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
#10
yes, yes, i might be joing you !! my company is getting smaller and smaller , from 600 sq meter reduce to 60 sq meter.

Before , it close down. it is also wise to clear my leave :)
 

scanner

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,608
0
0
Visit site
#11
Might be interested to visit Jiu Zhai Gou during Autumn/Oct.
Keep me inform pls. ;)

Thanks
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#12
Originally posted by ninelives
yes, yes, i might be joing you !! my company is getting smaller and smaller , from 600 sq meter reduce to 60 sq meter.

Before , it close down. it is also wise to clear my leave :)
ninelives, u serious or not?:devil: I haven't fixed yet but if we get more pple to go then will plan for it. So far my side may have another gal to go.
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#13
Sorry i am not be able to visit in Autumn, put it again, I will go back home and visit the central part of China, another wonderful trip for sure;)
 

zapp!

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
695
0
16
40
zapp.clubsnap.org
#15
I personally suggest that you wait for the airport at JZG to open b4 going...taking a bus up can be quite trying...

Autumn would be the best time to go...
When i went there 1 week ago, there was no sun and the shots i took were all quite gloomy...makes me gian to go back there again if i had the chance....
 

#16
Originally posted by zapp!
I personally suggest that you wait for the airport at JZG to open b4 going...taking a bus up can be quite trying...

Autumn would be the best time to go...
When i went there 1 week ago, there was no sun and the shots i took were all quite gloomy...makes me gian to go back there again if i had the chance....
I had the wonderful luck of having the sun shine on me on 8 of the 10 days I am in Cheng Du/Jiu Zhai Gou. :) Nice blue skies. Didn't even need the use of a CPL. Only trouble is it's the dry season and some lakes are not as "full", and the Nuorilang waterfall there isn't that spectacular because there's not much water, and the Huang Long's lakes are almost all dry. :(

The bus journey there from Cheng Du is the tiring one. Almost 12 hours!

Regards
CK
 

mlwang

New Member
Apr 9, 2002
154
0
0
Visit site
#17
Originally posted by ed9119
This is going to be a little off thread so I apologise immediately. I cannot read chinese but saw pics of this city near shanghai with lots and lots of old buildings and many many canals. I dont know the name but I do know its not Suzhou.

can anyone help?

ed
the place is called zhou zhuang, but dun hold too high expectation, quite commercialise already, beware of the crowd, too many pple to enjoy the old buildings
 

mlwang

New Member
Apr 9, 2002
154
0
0
Visit site
#18
My advise for those who are going to Jiuzhaigou.....go during autumn, after 15 Oct, where u can see the best of Jiuzhaigou, the weather is cooling and the trees are so captivating.

But be careful of the narrow winding road, killed a lot of pple, so buy travel insurance, u never know.

this is a shot by me, me not professional, used a olympus P&S.

At Jian Zhu hai, where i saw Jet Li and Tony Leung, casts of Hero, a movie by Zhang Yimou, will be shown in Oct 02


]
 

mlwang

New Member
Apr 9, 2002
154
0
0
Visit site
#19
Originally posted by tomshen
Have two-week leaves to clear and thinking to visit Jiu Zhai Gou. May I know if anyone else here is interested.
if u have 2 weeks of leave to clear, then I would suggest u go somewhere else.

have u been to Yunnan, where you can visit Lijiang?

Or go Silk Road, 2 weeks should be enough.

Or go Huang Shan, very nice view of seas of clouds if you are lucky.

or go Tibet :D

To visit Jiu zhai gou now is simply too wasteful. unless u will go there in autumn another time. if u never see Jiu Zhai Gou in autumn, u will regret :p
 

#20
Originally posted by mlwang


if u have 2 weeks of leave to clear, then I would suggest u go somewhere else.

have u been to Yunnan, where you can visit Lijiang?

Or go Silk Road, 2 weeks should be enough.

Or go Huang Shan, very nice view of seas of clouds if you are lucky.

or go Tibet :D

To visit Jiu zhai gou now is simply too wasteful. unless u will go there in autumn another time. if u never see Jiu Zhai Gou in autumn, u will regret :p
Totally agree. It is indeed a bit disappointing during this season. What's the temperature there like during autumn? When I went there, it's already like 15 - 20°C in the morning.

Regards
CK
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom