Hydrometer reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

vuser

Jul 7, 2008
Hi, Just brought a case with hydrometer, what should be the correct reading, below 50??
After some days, the meter went up to 60, and the silicagel turn pink, I would have to change the gel....does it mean the container no good(leak)?

I need to use microwave to get the gel back to blue...dont have microwave leh.. can use other method?

pls help..

is it possible to put into microwave??sparkling ler.....as i tried.scared lol~~anyhow how much cost your hydrometer?

About $20.00 , a contanier attached with hydrometer, that is how the instruction to reuse the gel..

is it possible to put into microwave??sparkling ler.....as i tried.scared lol~~anyhow how much cost your hydrometer?

Of course you can ... if you like to introduce chemicals into your food. Not sure about the type of gel you are using .. but some gel has Cobalt Chloride as blue indicator colour. Not very healthy... :nono:

Hi, Just brought a case with hydrometer, what should be the correct reading, below 50??
After some days, the meter went up to 60, and the silicagel turn pink, I would have to change the gel....does it mean the container no good(leak)?

I need to use microwave to get the gel back to blue...dont have microwave leh.. can use other method?

pls help..

It's hygrometer, not hydrometer.

lol...anyhow i think better get a dry cabinet,easier and more save for long run....~~~no need so trouble....bros~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.