humble qtn for prodigic answers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

holloe

hi people... this is holloe here...
ermm... i'm quite a newbie in photg. so canall of you give some encouragement and guide me in photog. skilss as we work towards a gracious and photogenic society... thanks...

oso... i've got a question here... i don;t quite understand how you do panning( did i get the spelling correct?) on a person on a bixyxle... his feets are paddling the paddle... so there is no way we can capture him without blurring his legs... but heres the problem... can you pple try picturing a perfect pic of a cycler with only his legs blurred??

hmm... i just can get it how a person did it?? i saw i in a mag... but i forgot which one already... so dera dear all please clear my doubts...

thanks thanks and more thanks...
:dent:

P/S the icons very cute!! Hee Hee...;)

If you mean to get the rider's legs not blurred but the background blurred then it's easy to do and is done all the time.

There's three main methods used.

Method 1: Photographer is pillion On a chase bike or a passenger in a car.

This method is the easiest to do from a real race perspective and applies to road racing or triathlons and some legs of cyclocross.

The photographer pulls up along side the rider and matches speed with the rider while he's not peddling. The photographer then uses a shutter speed between 1/15th and 1/60th of a second. End result perfect cyclist with a nice blurred background.

Method 2: The corner shot.

The photographer shoots using conventional panning techniques while the rider is either braking on the way in to a corner or coasting in or out of the corner apex. By using a well stopped down lens the rider and bike will be nicely in focus and the background blurred.

Method 3: The staged shot.

A similar method to number 2 except you have the cyclist stop peddling at a pre determined position and coast past the photographer who pans the camera and makes the shot.

There's also two other less used methods.

1) The stuido shot. Shoot a stationary cyclist against a ChromaKey background (blue or green) and then digitally add a blurred background.

2) Digitally blurr the background using photoshop or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.