how to wall mount mirror in bathroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipper

May 27, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
I have mirror that i want to wall mount it in bathroom. Used to have the wall mount clips to secure the 4 corners but i had misplaced them.

Anyone knows where to get these clips or anything that can securely mount the mirrror onto wall?

I tried IKEA but it sells only the packaged mirror with clips. Not clips sold separately!

thanks & regards.

I have mirror that i want to wall mount it in bathroom. Used to have the wall mount clips to secure the 4 corners but i had misplaced them.

Anyone knows where to get these clips or anything that can securely mount the mirrror onto wall?

I tried IKEA but it sells only the packaged mirror with clips. Not clips sold separately!

thanks & regards.

Just tear the wrapping and slowly slowly take out the clips lah.................. :bsmilie:

Kena caught, dun come find me hor.....:dunno:

Just tear the wrapping and slowly slowly take out the clips lah.................. :bsmilie:

Kena caught, dun come find me hor.....:dunno:

:bsmilie:... thanks for idea... :bsmilie:... will keep it as last resort! :sweat:

Go down to those DIY shops, they should sell it............check out with them, dun waste time looking around. Happy hunting bro....... after that, proceed to Ikea....... heheeh.... ;p

go to ikea and ask them if they have spares

it seems that your purchase did not come with the clips, yes?

Go down to those DIY shops, they should sell it............check out with them, dun waste time looking around. Happy hunting bro....... after that, proceed to Ikea....... heheeh.... ;p

I tried few DIY shops but did not see any.! :dunno: thanks anyway... hehe... ya hope none of you are Ikea staff!!!

go to ikea and ask them if they have spares

it seems that your purchase did not come with the clips, yes?

Good idea... will try to ask them when i next visit ikea...

nope, i lost the 4 clips. :embrass:

you can purchase them from ikea, they do sell these, or you can request from them if the receipt is recent.

but how big is the mirror? if not too big, can try double side taping it. then reinforce with silicon around the side of the mirror for the washroom. its more easier to do and create less mess before and after. 3M Super Heavy Duty Tape + Silicon. remember to wash clean the tiles and rear of the mirror and then dry it before application

you can purchase them from ikea, they do sell these, or you can request from them if the receipt is recent.

but how big is the mirror? if not too big, can try double side taping it. then reinforce with silicon around the side of the mirror for the washroom. its more easier to do and create less mess before and after. 3M Super Heavy Duty Tape + Silicon. remember to wash clean the tiles and rear of the mirror and then dry it before application

Thanks. It's about 17" x 24". I somehow have the feeling that using tape + silicon may not hold the mirror secure enough, dare not try cause have children at home...:)

HomeFix has it, I bought some.. there are two types, one pack for corners only, one pack for the sides.

btw, it is for normal thickness mirror, and you need to drill holes on wall to install it.

I don't trust those tapes and silicon...if you stay in HDB...most likely your toilet wall are tiles...I can't imagine the mirror fell half way through the day....mine are from Ikea too and I drill...can withstand 7 degree earthquake I guess :lovegrin:

drilling gives a peace of mind.

thanks for all the replies.

Thanks Catchlights, i will try HomeFix. thanks again.

Ya, I feel safer with the drilling method, 2! Can't take the risks. :)

Thanks. It's about 17" x 24". I somehow have the feeling that using tape + silicon may not hold the mirror secure enough, dare not try cause have children at home...:)

If you are worried about the glass breaking, tape the back of your mirror with tapes..... maybe with gaffer tapes??? This will prefect the glass from breaking to small pieces and also from cracking.. but this will also make the mirror panel abit heavier....... consider about it.

If you are worried about the glass breaking, tape the back of your mirror with tapes..... maybe with gaffer tapes??? This will prefect the glass from breaking to small pieces and also from cracking.. but this will also make the mirror panel abit heavier....... consider about it.

thanks, that's a great idea. Will try HomeFix this weekends and see if i can find some good and big tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.