How to upload 2.7k/4k videos to YouTube?

skareb

Nov 13, 2005
Singapore
Hey Everyone,

Got a quick question here. Would like to find out how i can upload my 2.7k/4k videos to youtube without youtube automatically limiting the quality to 1080p when the upload is done.

My original movie was edited in fcpx and the video dimensions/resolution are of standard 2.7k/4k size however every time when it is uploaded to youtube, the best quality i can view the movie at is always 1080p.

Appreciate the advice.

Cheers!

Hey Everyone,

Got a quick question here. Would like to find out how i can upload my 2.7k/4k videos to youtube without youtube automatically limiting the quality to 1080p when the upload is done.

My original movie was edited in fcpx and the video dimensions/resolution are of standard 2.7k/4k size however every time when it is uploaded to youtube, the best quality i can view the movie at is always 1080p.

Appreciate the advice.

Cheers!

just upload as per normal, it just takes longer for the video to appear in the original resolution (longer as in a few days longer) =)

Thanks for the tips everyone.

So it seems that i have been following the right steps all the long, however i was actually exporting only 2.7k videos before, for some strange reason when you export 2.7k video, YouTube only streams it in 1080p (max quality)

However when i uploaded a 4k video, i immediately saw the 4k option in the quality settings, how strange!

So it looks like i cant upload 2.7k video and get 2.7k video quality streaming in YouTube, but 4k is fine.

Oh well, will try to google again for more help...

Thanks for the tips everyone.

So it seems that i have been following the right steps all the long, however i was actually exporting only 2.7k videos before, for some strange reason when you export 2.7k video, YouTube only streams it in 1080p (max quality)

However when i uploaded a 4k video, i immediately saw the 4k option in the quality settings, how strange!

So it looks like i cant upload 2.7k video and get 2.7k video quality streaming in YouTube, but 4k is fine.

Oh well, will try to google again for more help...

oh, you could get 4k straight away? mine took about 3-4 days if i remember correct, kept thinking there was something wrong when i uploaded =)

Yes i got 4k right after the video finished processing, maybe its like this now ;)

Care to share your 4K video youtube link? I am curious how it views on my 27" monitor. Cheers!