How to take a nice landscape pic

also one thing TS... in you pic the sun is so high up but yet, the scene is so dark. Doesn't make sense to me. When you shoot sunrise, it is better to shoot it right before the sun peeks out from the horizon... like this... start shooting at around 6:15am. This means you need to arrive and setup your equipment by 6:10am.

This was my newbie shot my first time at that location...

3600032764_d55659ee2b.jpg

Wait...the moon is too small. Something like this is better.
moonrise2.jpg

also one thing TS... in you pic the sun is so high up but yet, the scene is so dark. Doesn't make sense to me. When you shoot sunrise, it is better to shoot it right before the sun peeks out from the horizon... like this... start shooting at around 6:15am. This means you need to arrive and setup your equipment by 6:10am.

This was my newbie shot my first time at that location...

3600032764_d55659ee2b.jpg

Wah.. this is nice.. care to share your setting?

Wah.. this is nice.. care to share your setting?

I don't remember the settings...

That is the thing about photography... there is no need to remember settings.. I just remember I stopped down quite a bit for this picture and shot it at base ISO of 100 on A mode. I maybe have a 2 stop ND on also, (ND4). Set up on a tripod with one tripod leg touching the water at the shore. Something like that.

That was my newbie shot. I have learned a lot since then and these are some of my more recent pics:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741165

Last edited: