How to synchronise my EOS 300D with my Sigma 500 DG Super Flash Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan11

May 23, 2004
Sembawang
Hi guys, I realised that my flash light some how is slower in terms of readiness for the next shot with my camera, thus i can't take 2 shots consecutively with flash :( . I read the manual on the flash light and it mention something abour fp (fast sync), but after selecting that, the icon just disappear from my flash display panel after 1 shot. Need you guys to guide me on this. Tks very much. :)

Setting on my camera was auto at that time and using a 28-105mm f3.5-4.5

U have to check the speed of ur flash... My flash has a sync speed of up to 1/200s, and anything faster than that it will now allow my camera shutter to work... I think u dial ur shutter speed down to the maximum sync speed ur flash can go and then see if it works...

Ivan11 said:
Hi guys, I realised that my flash light some how is slower in terms of readiness for the next shot with my camera, thus i can't take 2 shots consecutively with flash :( . I read the manual on the flash light and it mention something abour fp (fast sync), but after selecting that, the icon just disappear from my flash display panel after 1 shot. Need you guys to guide me on this. Tks very much. :)

It has nothing to do with FP mode. It depends very much on your output power of the flash and the "freshness" of your batteries.

If you take a shot with full power output, e.g. shooting at a very far subject at night, of course it takes time for the flash to recharge. The problem will be made worse if you have batteries that are running out of power.

Typically it takes 1-2 secs for the flash to recharge after a typical exposure. It will take longer if your batteries are running low on power.

In addition, using alkaline batteries will add to the recharge time compared to NiMH recharagables.

Anyway if you use your flash consecutive for many shots you risk creating a fire hazard. Every burst of light also creates a lot of heat as a by-product.

Don't believe? Put the flash head near to your arm and press the "TEST" button...don't blame me if you scream! :bsmilie:

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

fast sync is used when the shutter speed U need is faster than 1/200s.
if u noticed, your shutter speed cannot be faster than 1/200s in normal flash mode. Thus if you want it to be faster than 1/200s, u'll have to switch to fast sync.

Ah Pao said:
Anyway if you use your flash consecutive for many shots you risk creating a fire hazard. Every burst of light also creates a lot of heat as a by-product.

Don't believe? Put the flash head near to your arm and press the "TEST" button...don't blame me if you scream! :bsmilie:

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Hehe.. best done when u pull out the 17mm (wide angle) reflector.

Ah Pao said:

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Haha.. experienced it the worst way possible... I put the flash in between my legs and was mucking about with my camera... then somehow pressed the fire button and BOOM! Ouch! and nearly got fried eggs and sausage... :gbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.