how to 'hide' your dslr during walk about?

wah loa. all the reply so funny. too bad i in office.

no choice, dslr already brought. need to use it as often as i can :).

maybe i can try wearing rain coat n hide my dslr. flash it when the needs come :D

your behaviour and body language counts for far more conspicuousness than the dslr.

for me, when i find my dslr too conspicuous, i summon doraemon and he lends me his magic portal of many treasures to store it.

can you pm me doraemon's hp nos....thks ya!!!

was on the street with my stock 550d. find myself abit too conspicuous.

any strap to recommend? and how to reduce your profile?

:dunno: Too conspicious?

Stand behind Denniskee, Peterpan or me, and no one on the streets will be able to see your camera ... or even see you! :devil: :bsmilie:

BTW, just curious - are there 'customized' 550Ds?

Why so troublesome, Pass to me and i carry for u ALL the WAY TO MY HOME lor. ppl want to show off but u want to hide away .. hmm...

wah loa. all the reply so funny. too bad i in office.

no choice, dslr already brought. need to use it as often as i can :).

maybe i can try wearing rain coat n hide my dslr. flash it when the needs come :D

I got 1 suggestion. Put it in NTUC plastic bag. :bsmilie:

was on the street with my stock 550d. find myself abit too conspicuous.

any strap to recommend? and how to reduce your profile?

Maybe you can try wearing a coat that flashers used to wear and hide your camera inside?:bsmilie:

Maybe you can try wearing a coat that flashers used to wear and hide your camera inside?:bsmilie:

TS: The Burberry store at ION Orchard had some nice classy trench coats the last I checked. You can be a atas flasher even in Singapore, if you are willing to shell out the money.

If you want to go the cheapskate route, you could head down to the Beach Rd army market and grab a $2 poncho or something.

your behaviour and body language counts for far more conspicuousness than the dslr.

for me, when i find my dslr too conspicuous, i summon doraemon and he lends me his magic portal of many treasures to store it.

Didn't know doraemon and mr goat are friends?

Put in bag, a bag with no brand logo. I would always bring a sling bag and put my camera inside.

Street photography is more about having the guts to shoot people.

But you can try this product:
http://cloakbags.com/

However, it is more suitable for us who travel off the beaten path and do not want to be targeted for robbery.

seriously bro, dslr are so common now that u should actually be worried that people will bang into u while u are steadying urself for a shot....never realising u are carrying a camera

In S'pore.... no one even give me another look....

Overseas.... keep inside a sling bag.

I guess the CSer has a very valid question. I know we will find it hard to realise why one want to keep low profile with his camera in Singapore. If you have traveled in so called under developed or developed countries, where law is not as strict as here, or simply does not exist!! you will understand why you want to be low profile.

In many countries, if you travel with a huge camera bag with an expensive body and lenses, you are just inviting TROUBLE for you. Those people traveled in odd places (not the popular tourist places) knows what does that mean. At the extreme that can be threat to your life also.

What I do?

I keep my gear to the minimum.
Take my smallest camera bag that can fit my gears.
Put the camera bag in my most inexpensive sling bag that has over-lived it's natural life. I believe most of us will throw away that kind of old bag... but I keep those bags for my trip to these dangerous places!!
Take out my camera only when needed and quickly pack it again inside cheapo looking old normal backpack/sling bag.
When traveling on public transport, keep that bag low profile. Never open my camera on a train or bus or taxi/ferries.
Avoid the shabby areas with big gear... rather trust my little, very old PnS!!

Hope this helps.

Be safe, rather than sorry!! and yes, if you like then you can insure your gears also.