How to go about having a .com site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
as above.

What is the steps to go through to apply for a .com website? I need to have a POP3/web email.. No need too much webspace, around 200mb will suffice. Which hosting company can i use for fast/stable connection and affordable pricing?

1 more thing to add: i don't want any advertisement to be display in my .com website.

I use RCThost. less than S$100 a year, 500MB, unlimited transfer, POP3/web email, domain registration, etc. reasonably fast and stable.

i'm using a free webhost that offers 1GB space & 20GB bandwidth. required to place an ad on every page. www.x10hosting.com
i registered my domain with the help of CSers here, which i had posted a thread for good domain host. quite a few recommended www.godaddy.com
:)

thank you, hwchoy. However i feel S$100 is a little steep.. I don't know much about the average range, perhaps someone can advice me?

Drudkh, i don't want adverts on my website ;)

keep the recommendations coming! thanks!

hwchoy said:
I use RCThost. less than S$100 a year, 500MB, unlimited transfer, POP3/web email, domain registration, etc. reasonably fast and stable.
Less than $100 and 500mb plus free domain registration is very cheap! Any hidden cost?? Are they local?

Hommie said:
Less than $100 and 500mb plus free domain registration is very cheap! Any hidden cost?? Are they local?

it's cheap? really? but for those <200mb, how much will be considered cheap?

Pm me if you want to share web space with me. Offering 300mb per year with 1 domain at $60 per year. Anyway it is not local but US based. I can help you set everything in less than 12 hours (including domain registering). Some of the domain that are sharing with me include www.michaelpodolinsky.com and www.xstencilx.com. You can probably know from these sites the speed of the hosting. Thanks.

I use 8.to. Been using them for a while, ok lah.

Had my own domain since 1997, my surname.. wahahha.. like invert_studio, i use it primarily for mails only.

behyx said:
as above.

What is the steps to go through to apply for a .com website? I need to have a POP3/web email.. No need too much webspace, around 200mb will suffice. Which hosting company can i use for fast/stable connection and affordable pricing?

1 more thing to add: i don't want any advertisement to be display in my .com website.

ClubSNAP do offer this services to fellow members (Web Hosting with .com domain name). This in return help ClubSNAP pay it's fees and maintain as a Free site.

For more details, you can PM Darren ;p

ok thank you guys for the great help!

Status
Not open for further replies.