how to format smart media card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekul1977

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
hi,

i am having problem with my 64 mb smart media card. after i cut and copy the photos from the SM card to my pc using a card reader, my Olympus 2040 camera cannot read the card any more ( error message). i tried reformatting the card using the card reader to both FAT and FAT32 but still got error message from the camera. May i know how should i solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

hi,

i tried but it stopped and returned with error message. what should i do?:(

thanks.

hmm...me faced such a problem with my CF card when I dieded on my C5050...heh...I changed the card as the warrenty still stands....sorry...not much help here from me...anyone else can help??

what os are u using? don't format under any computer file format. format it as RAW format. then put it back into the camera n format again.

this is the reason y they say always format the card ONLY from the camera.

Originally posted by deepblue2
what os are u using? don't format under any computer file format. format it as RAW format. then put it back into the camera n format again.

this is the reason y they say always format the card ONLY from the camera.

How do u format e SM card in RAW mode?

hi,

may i know how to format a smart media card in raw format?

Thanks..

always use camera to do the formating, deleting.

in your case, most likely you won't be able to use it anymore, unless you can get a camera to format the card again.....

camera format in FAT12 if i m not mistaken....

Originally posted by looteer
always use camera to do the formating, deleting.

in your case, most likely you won't be able to use it anymore, unless you can get a camera to format the card again.....

camera format in FAT12 if i m not mistaken....

I reformatted e SM card using PC then e camera.Still no outcome

hi all,

after spending 3 hours on the search, i found that it is true that smart media using FAT12 format. and there are only few ways to reformat it in FAT12.

1. use toshiba digital camera
2. use rio mp3 player with a program
3. use a utility from a SM card reader IC manufacturer (SMT??) to format it. the card reader must be using the same IC.

so for me, no more hope liao as i do not have any of the above stuff......sigh.......................anybody can help?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.