How to change backdrop of photo in PS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gremlin

Nov 15, 2002
www.pixelpixie.biz
Hi all PS gurus...

I have taken some studio shots with a white background. I know in PS you can DI the background into a different color/texture. Does anyone know how to do this step by step?

Many thanks :)

ModelShooterz said:
roy, care to share how u created the backgrounds in this thread?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34979

you mentioned something about cloud rendering, but i catch no ball :p

To render the clouds in PS, open a new file of the resolution you require, then pick a foreground and a background colour that you want to use for the clouds. Try blue background with white foreground for a start. Next, go to "FILTER>RENDER>CLOUDS".

The picture will be automatically filled with a cloud-like pattern using the foreground and background colours you have set.

Using just the cloud rendering filter will always result in the same pattern, so you will have to add other distortions and effects to generate a variety of backdrop effects.

- Roy

Thanks alot roy for the instructions. I have tried it and the hardest thing I find is to blend the edges of the subject (esp the hair portion) to the background so that it looks natural. Do you have any advice on that portion?

Instead of using Lasso, use the Extract filter (found under the Filter menu). Read the PS helpfile to learn how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.