How to carry a tripod?

How do you carry the tripod?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Revo
Oh so those are called leg warmers....been wanting to get it too...but dunno what its called..:embrass:

hehe now i know...

OT abit...where can i get them?

Why you need it for? It can get sweat and smelly with all the sewat u know. :D

Originally posted by binbeto
Why you need it for? It can get sweat and smelly with all the sewat u know. :D

mm....cos i love the smell of my sweat? :p :bsmilie:

No lahz...hehe

Actually i tot it would be very comfortable to feel...den probably i wun leave home so often without my tripod...and result in blur pics so often...

u can also tuck one leg into the shoulder strap near the base. recommended only for CF tripods though :D

yoz..just add a strap (DIY style) and carry it cross sling like a LAW tube.

The USA OP/TECH strap does the work for me, pretty comfortable to lug over the shoulder and carry, don't tend to notice the tripod behind me whilst I take my photos.

Larry said:
they are these cylindrical foam padding things that you fit around the tripod legs... in winter places they're used so your fingers won't freeze to the metal legs, hence the name leg warmers. :D

Oh.... I had the idea that they were the wooly stuff dancers wore around their legs near the ankles..... :embrass:

Larry said:
they are these cylindrical foam padding things that you fit around the tripod legs... in winter places they're used so your fingers won't freeze to the metal legs, hence the name leg warmers. :D
Actually ah, in cold places, these "leg warmers" are cumbersome and a real hassle to use as they make the tripod legs much to thick to carry comfortably... don't forget that most of the time you are also wearing gloves as well so you will have limited mobility in the fingers (trust me, you really don't want to take those gloves off in freezing temperatures unless you really have to!) What I do instead is to use plain thin tennis grip wraps to wrap around the portions of the tripod legs where I normally handle for carrying or adjusting. These are thinner (handling-friendly) and can be easily and cheaply replaced when they eventually wear out. I think those "warmers" are more for show than for anything else (or possibly for carrying over the shoulders if you have to do that a lot, i.e. sports/wildlife photogs).

Oh... I also use the OpTech tripod strap for general carriage, even though my bags have the facility to strap the tripod to them.

Revo said:
Oh so those are called leg warmers....been wanting to get it too...but dunno what its called..:embrass:

hehe now i know...

OT abit...where can i get them?
Can use air-con or copper wire insulation tubing. Soft and durable.

Just cut to required length, slice open along length, wrap round thickest leg section, and tape up with gaffer.

I usually hand carry the tripod or over the shoulder. Personally, I found very shiong carrying tripod. Imagine carrying a 3kg or more walking around the whole day no to mention camera equipment. At the end of the day, I might no use at all.

Short distance, use hand.
Long distance, use strap.

Stuff it into the front my jeans. Impresses the ladies ;)

Hand carry. I like this method best, but I have been thinking about getting a plain tripod bag for making it less conspicuous when I carry it around.

Over the shoulder......practical for short distances...and tripod bag for longer distances....... :)

I used the Op/Tech strap. Feels really comfortable. However, sometimes the metal legs may gently hit your back as you walk. Hence, i tink Strap + Leg Warmers makes the perfect combination.

Once, when i am keeping my tripod, I got my fingers crushed between the centre column and one of the legs. Really painful. That is when i must get the leg warmers or get rid of the centre column.

Amfibius said:
Stuff it into the front my jeans. Impresses the ladies ;)

What to do if already carrying "big package" ? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.