How to carry a tripod?

How do you carry the tripod?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask meimei to follow you take foto and ask them to carry bag, tripod etc.
Nah, just kidding.

i agree with ninelives, how you displace the weight you are carrying is important. I went on a hike yesterday to take some pics of the bridge leading to Kai Tak airport and had my tripod in my haversack and it was a bitch. Especially in this Hong Kong summer heat. Get a strap and sling it over your shoulder, it really makes a big difference, especially if you are carrying it for long durations. :cry:

Tripod with Optech Strap, across the back, LAW tube style with my SBO style Pouch... Camera Also Sling across chest... boots... think I look like a soldier...er.... wait... I am a soldier

espn said:
The USA OP/TECH strap does the work for me, pretty comfortable to lug over the shoulder and carry, don't tend to notice the tripod behind me whilst I take my photos.

lol...just a joke...tripod take out already but don't use? kekeke

whoelse said:
Ask meimei to follow you take foto and ask them to carry bag, tripod etc.
Nah, just kidding.

just bought the 055, den bought the lightest pan tilt head, the 3D magnesium head... den my mei mei say... she's not going to carry my tripod for me like before... :cry: cos the 055 is heavy already... unlike my previous sony 680rm which is light... the only thing she will carry now is the monopod... :cry:

just thinking... the optech strap i bought, its when u close up everything, den u fasten the 2 clips round the 3 legs, & the head area rite, no way to permanently secure it to 1 leg or at least secure 1 side to the head? if not kinda easy for me to misplace my strap... :sweat:

Since we are on the topic of Optech Sling:

There is this foamed padded section on the Optech Sling which has three elastic bands. Anyone found any use for them?

* I dunno if anyone of your understand what I am talking about. Those who knows, help me explain here. Paiseh. :embrass:

i am using a tripod bag to carry my SLIK.
hmmmm, since we are here on the topic of ways to carry a tripod, how much did u guys paid for your Optech Strap? am interested!
thanks!

crazypaladin said:
Since we are on the topic of Optech Sling:

There is this foamed padded section on the Optech Sling which has three elastic bands. Anyone found any use for them?

* I dunno if anyone of your understand what I am talking about. Those who knows, help me explain here. Paiseh. :embrass:

i think i know wat u talking about... u mean when the strap is straight, the 'nylon? polyester?' part seem to pop up, den the neoprene? side remain straight? its actually a design for stretching, if u dun have a loophole, when u bend it, the padding will become wrinkle, making it uncomfortable to use.

Wai said:
Not your PA? :p

Nah, I give her a break, afterall she's loaded down with a couple of bags, the super-teles etc as needed as well as other sundries .. of course she gets to push the trolly too hehe :devil:

sorry to dig a 5 day old stuff...

yesterday i was carrying my tripod out, den i adjusted the optech tripod strap into vertical position rather than horizontal, in horizontal, it felt alot lighter, but may have head or legs hitting someone accidentally, puting in vertical, the tripod felt more heavier, and with the head on the top part sometimes hitting my head...

so u guys carry in horizontal or vertical? i notice that the optech tripod strap also have a grip that is more on 1 side, so its more for vertical i think...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
sorry to dig a 5 day old stuff...

yesterday i was carrying my tripod out, den i adjusted the optech tripod strap into vertical position rather than horizontal, in horizontal, it felt alot lighter, but may have head or legs hitting someone accidentally, puting in vertical, the tripod felt more heavier, and with the head on the top part sometimes hitting my head...

so u guys carry in horizontal or vertical? i notice that the optech tripod strap also have a grip that is more on 1 side, so its more for vertical i think...

i agree it is lighter horizontal which is which i am bring in for my next ICT... :bsmilie:

recently got a manfrotto tripod bag from fello CSer. only difference is its like a havesack type. very comfortable on abg and sling camera bag on shoulder.

actually if think about it most tripods are not very heavy, is the wt distribution.

well for me I use a sling bag. But I find some trouble when the bag swings forward occasionally and can be kinda troublesome. Some of my friends actually stick one leg into the belt and carry ard in that fashion.

How I wish I have a sweet female caddy to carry for me sometimes. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.