How do you carry the tripod?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao_shin

Sep 21, 2002
Visit site
How do you carry a tripod?
Looking to buy a tripod.. But how do you carry them around?

No valid options for me:( . I place it in my haversack....;)

For my Slik mini-tripod, I hook it on my jeans belt.:D

For my benbo trekker, I hand carry.

Originally posted by Xiao_shin
How do you carry a tripod?
Looking to buy a tripod.. But how do you carry them around?

make yourself comfortable. don't buy camera bag with tripod pocket just because many people like it that way. if you are small size, it might be a tough job for ya to carrying everything over your back. you can get a tripod bag or strap.

believe me, the way you carrying your equipment makes a different in the load you going to bear.

you can see why people spand $30 over dollars just for a simple strap.

Shoulder strap
Carried On shoulder (short distances)
On the trolley (long distances in town)

Originally posted by ninelives
make yourself comfortable. don't buy camera bag with tripod pocket just because many people like it that way. if you are small size, it might be a tough job for ya to carrying everything over your back. you can get a tripod bag or strap.

believe me, the way you carrying your equipment makes a different in the load you going to bear.

you can see why people spand $30 over dollars just for a simple strap.
i agree with 9L... most of my bags come with tripod straps/holders but i usually end up using a seperate Op/Tech tripod strap to carry it as it's far too heavy to carry together. only time i strap to the bag is when i have far too many things to carry. but i usually regret it after like 15 mins of walking around.

Originally posted by Viewfinder
hand carry

just like adamGoi, i have leg warmers on my tripod :)

...and to carry it using the shoulder as a support, one has to make sure the setup is light enough, otherwise you end up looking stylo mylo and tired at the same time... ;)

Originally posted by Revo
for the uninitiated....

whats leg warmers....:dunno: :what:
they are these cylindrical foam padding things that you fit around the tripod legs... in winter places they're used so your fingers won't freeze to the metal legs, hence the name leg warmers. :D

Originally posted by Larry
they are these cylindrical foam padding things that you fit around the tripod legs... in winter places they're used so your fingers won't freeze to the metal legs, hence the name leg warmers. :D

Oh so those are called leg warmers....been wanting to get it too...but dunno what its called..:embrass:

hehe now i know...

OT abit...where can i get them?

Originally posted by Revo
Oh so those are called leg warmers....been wanting to get it too...but dunno what its called..:embrass:

hehe now i know...

OT abit...where can i get them?
CP lor... the tripod store @ Peninsula.

some tripods come with them. saw a SLIK one at CP sometime ago.

some ppl also juz wrap foam sheets around and use black tape to secure. it works the same way but doesn't really look nice. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.