how to build a camcorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

winlow

Jul 16, 2002
Visit site
hi guys,
know that this is a camera forum but wanna ask if anyone knows how to build a digital video cam or have a sources that are available on the net??
thks!
win

winlow said:
hi guys,
know that this is a camera forum but wanna ask if anyone knows how to build a digital video cam or have a sources that are available on the net??
thks!
win

To build a digital video camera from scratch:

1) Get a degree in electronics (digital) engineering.

2) Have a fully equipped machine shop

3) Have a few thousand hours of spare time.

It's cheaper and faster to buy one. No sources or plans that I've ever seen online.

Ian said:
To build a digital video camera from scratch:

1) Get a degree in electronics (digital) engineering.

2) Have a fully equipped machine shop

3) Have a few thousand hours of spare time.

It's cheaper and faster to buy one. No sources or plans that I've ever seen online.

Don't forget about the Mechanical Engineering degree as well as Optics.

To winlow,

This is the first time I have heard of someone interested in building a videocam.

Are you serious about it? I have never some across or even heard of any such websites. It is difficult enought to build a telescope. A videocam has never been a DIY item.

winlow said:
hi guys,
thks!
win
i doubt so ...

huh?
Are you kidding?
Sorry for being offensive, but I think you are better off buying one.

Even the circuitry is built, there's the programming of the firmware for the camera....

winlow said:
hi guys,
thks!
win

Why you want to do that?? :dunno:
I curious to know the reasons behind :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.