How to be a police officer in NS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, what is SOP & IO.

I wish to be posted to all units, except PCG ,Traffic police as the biker.

btw, SOP = Standard Operating Procedures and IO = Investigation Officer

kudos to wanting to be a police officer, knowledge of arrest depend on the offense committed, need the study the penal for that , firearm training such a bore, tactical training if u in STAR team than u call that tactical training, Unarmed Combat is what u will learn, how to stop a samurai or parang using the PR21 which in the states use by lady officers,

my 2 cents from my own personal experience... cheers bro, just dont be xiao-on vsc, many PO hate that,

yeah man. u got that right. :bsmilie:

everyone thinks its a life of roses if u get into the spf. wait till u start taking photos of suicide victims, carry highly decomposed dead bodies and get sh!t thrown at u. :D

Well if you said relax i disagree depend which NPC or HQ he is in. If he tio tanglin, all the best whole year round got events, doing duty until no day no night. Eat, Slp, work. Off day sometimes burns...

Isn't that more relaxing than digging trenches day and night? :p

Isn't that more relaxing than digging trenches day and night? :p

oh come on.we all have our fair share and is not like we asked for it. Digging trenches are bad but guess what,the friends that gone thru hell together in NS are some of the best people i ever known.just like the old saying,you only see your true friends or a person's character in tough times.

As for TS,to be choosy is one thing.to be chosen is another thing unless you are related to the Family else is all day dream talks.

The organisation is not all that you see. You more likely will be given more paper work than norm. To investigate a crime when you only stay 2 years with no experience?the regulars won't give a hoot abt you.

Is only NS,don't take it too seriously man.i can only say if you are in leadership role,there will be some benefit to character moulding.

i think TS wants to be in SOC, Special ops command . their training is similiar or should i say very close to army standards .

it's good you have the passion, but like all army and police regulars will say " How long will the passion burn when you face the reality of life in the force ? "

next, what qualifications do you have ? not to ruin your party, have you thought of what you gonna do when you retire ? after your 5yrs or 10yrs contract ?

i have a cousin who signed on 5yrs with poly dip , and the top student being unable to find jobs after his 5yrs sign on. you wanna continue with the force after that bond ? they''ll have to screen you again..

what's your fitness capabilities ?

many do agree you sign on you'll get "golden rice bowl" but lets not forget, being a police officer, you know the law, you break the law , we commoners only get normal punishments but POs get double what we get. I too have wanted to sign on but after friends and family members who signed on told me the realities of police life, makes me think twice. same goes to army life.

if you really do want to sign on, plan your life properly and in longer term. dont think just 5yrs from now but 30yrs from now. what do i wanna achieve in the next 5yrs, 10yrs 15yrs 20yrs etc . what happens if this XXX plan doesnt happen , what should i do next etc

oh come on.we all have our fair share and is not like we asked for it. Digging trenches are bad but guess what,the friends that gone thru hell together in NS are some of the best people i ever known.just like the old saying,you only see your true friends or a person's character in tough times.

Haha true. I am still doing reservist in Army, and other than the tough physical training, it is quite relaxing and low stress.

Police i think more on handling mental and emotional stress ... which can be difficult at times.

After my A level,i applied for police(regular) as i hate the army...sent my application in oct...got called for interview/checkup in nov or dec...& started training in jan...

training for a regular will take longer than the NSmen...mine till aug...got posted to clementi stn...after 5 years of service,i resign...

for me...i chose police over army coz police taught me what to expect in daily life...which the army wont...unless theres war lah...i learnt to lookout for crime,make arrest...summons...etc...i've enjoyed my 5 years of service...i've done my reservist and ord liao...

what i also learn is...those regulars look down on vsc & reservist...as i was one...

i respect those who wants to join the vsc...i dont want to comment on why they want to...thats up to individual...

but i disaggree to comment on malays get better chance to join police...i know many non-malays in the force...

police is a fun career though...

i got my class 3 from police driving sch...it taught me how to drive skilfully & defensively...

i resign becoz i have better offer from my current employer...& also becoz...i feel restricted as a police officer...i have to report my whereabout...good luck & all the best for those policemen out there...i appreciate what they've done for our country internal security...:thumbsup:

As said , how to be a police officer in NS?

Any like confirm will get into police?

I want to join the VSC leh..but i think that 1 must serve 5 years arh?

Any ex-police or those with information, reply this thread?

Thanks!
if want the hands-on experience, maybe you can also try military police

soniboy, smart ppl sit in the cubicle and shout command! only dump ppl run ard the field or carry that stupid pistol ard. at the end of the day, it's those smart ass who claim the credit (normally by writing a report using keyboard and not by bullet and pistol)

serve and forgot dude!

i want to join the VSC. $3.60 per hour...but all i want is the training.

maybe you guys check out here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteer_Special_Constabulary

Woah...you very noble leh...I salute you. :thumbsup:

But hoh, these volunteers must be ex-police officers before they are allowed to volunteer. If you don't even meet this criteria, then how you get in?

applied where? unless u tell me you wanna be a security officer after u ord. :bsmilie:

-.=?

everyone thinks its a life of roses if u get into the spf. wait till u start taking photos of suicide victims, carry highly decomposed dead bodies and get sh!t thrown at u. :D

That is my interest.

After my A level,i applied for police(regular) as i hate the army...sent my application in oct...got called for interview/checkup in nov or dec...& started training in jan...

training for a regular will take longer than the NSmen...mine till aug...got posted to clementi stn...after 5 years of service,i resign...

for me...i chose police over army coz police taught me what to expect in daily life...which the army wont...unless theres war lah...i learnt to lookout for crime,make arrest...summons...etc...i've enjoyed my 5 years of service...i've done my reservist and ord liao...

what i also learn is...those regulars look down on vsc & reservist...as i was one...

i respect those who wants to join the vsc...i dont want to comment on why they want to...thats up to individual...

but i disaggree to comment on malays get better chance to join police...i know many non-malays in the force...

police is a fun career though...

i got my class 3 from police driving sch...it taught me how to drive skilfully & defensively...

i resign becoz i have better offer from my current employer...& also becoz...i feel restricted as a police officer...i have to report my whereabout...good luck & all the best for those policemen out there...i appreciate what they've done for our country internal security...:thumbsup:

Yeah, i dont like those army stuff. All crap.
What it teaches you in the army, cant apply in daily life.
Well, maybe unarmed combat only lor.

Woah...you very noble leh...I salute you. :thumbsup:

But hoh, these volunteers must be ex-police officers before they are allowed to volunteer. If you don't even meet this criteria, then how you get in?

No, read properly.

So before 18 years old can be police meh?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.