How to be a police officer in NS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
have no idea why u wanna join the vsc though. too free or lifelong passion to be in blue? :think:

Not for life of cus. Want to serve NS as police.

But for the training given. Knowledge can be applied.

As said , how to be a police officer in NS?

Any like confirm will get into police?

I want to join the VSC leh..but i think that 1 must serve 5 years arh?

Any ex-police or those with information, reply this thread?

Thanks!

Bro, no offense.. but I think you need to be in decent physical fitness first

Criteria for a Police Senior Officer (SO) and Police Officer (PO) is quite different, and it is also with the job scope. If you're so interested, just sign the bond with them.

Bro, no offense.. but I think you need to be in decent physical fitness first

Yes, i will do everything to be in the force

Criteria for a Police Senior Officer (SO) and Police Officer (PO) is quite different, and it is also with the job scope. If you're so interested, just sign the bond with them.

Yes, i know

I just want the knowledge of how to arrest people , firearm training and tactical training.

kudos to wanting to be a police officer, knowledge of arrest depend on the offense committed, need the study the penal for that , firearm training such a bore, tactical training if u in STAR team than u call that tactical training, Unarmed Combat is what u will learn, how to stop a samurai or parang using the PR21 which in the states use by lady officers,

my 2 cents from my own personal experience... cheers bro, just dont be xiao-on vsc, many PO hate that,

Last edited:
is it? my time no. their course is shorter and their NS allowance or pay if definitely higher. that;s why NSPI everybody so envious of them during my NS days

it has been change, their training period is the same as saf officer if i am not wrong i recall it is 9 months of training 3 months attachment then actual posting..

exactly..everything is pre planned....whether u be a LTA,3SG,CPL...all planned out. they Know your history better than you know yourself.....

there is one old saying..the more you want the more you won't get it. In my BMT days..i listed armour infantry as last option and i got it. so get it good..don't get it forget it....
SOrry to burst your bubble...try talking to the ppl who sign on...most will tell u is not as glam as in movie...haha.....80% of the ppl i know who sign on regret...19% can't find anything better to do..1% SAF scholars(not those local ones but so called prestigious overseas scholar)..

if i am you i will focus more on what i want to do in future and plan. NS is just a passing phase..most important is to survive it and not get hurt or anything...you think our police really so brave?you think US Police so brave? my friend living in States tell me the police also knows where to siam from the mafia...and in Aust the police are best at catching traffic crime...

so must for the movie glam.....i was there once but someone woke me up...

it has been change, their training period is the same as saf officer if i am not wrong i recall it is 9 months of training 3 months attachment then actual posting..

very true, the pay is higher, and they tend to act as if the are real inspectors, when most POP only to end up as SA to head department....

kudos to wanting to be a police officer, knowledge of arrest depend on the offense committed, need the study the penal for that , firearm training such a bore, tactical training if u in STAR team than u call that tactical training, Unarmed Combat is what u will learn, how to stop a samurai or parang using the PR21 which in the states use by lady officers,

my 2 cents from my own personal experience... cheers bro, just dont be xiao-on vsc, many PO hate that,

Sorry, not tactical training. but those officers who use T-baton defend themself.
I have been watching those related videos on youtube.

I just like revolver to riffle.

Why those normal PC hate VSC PC?

Where you go will be determined by the system.

If you die-die want to become a policeman then sign on.

No amount of writing will do you any good.

http://kementah.blogspot.com/2009/10/blue-on-blue-part-6b-fathers-pain.html

Ok, noted. thanks

Yes 9 months of training. While normal NS men , only got for full 6 months.

exactly..everything is pre planned....whether u be a LTA,3SG,CPL...all planned out. they Know your history better than you know yourself.....

there is one old saying..the more you want the more you won't get it. In my BMT days..i listed armour infantry as last option and i got it. so get it good..don't get it forget it....
SOrry to burst your bubble...try talking to the ppl who sign on...most will tell u is not as glam as in movie...haha.....80% of the ppl i know who sign on regret...19% can't find anything better to do..1% SAF scholars(not those local ones but so called prestigious overseas scholar)..

if i am you i will focus more on what i want to do in future and plan. NS is just a passing phase..most important is to survive it and not get hurt or anything...you think our police really so brave?you think US Police so brave? my friend living in States tell me the police also knows where to siam from the mafia...and in Aust the police are best at catching traffic crime...

hmm, true. maybe i consider
thanks anyway

very true, the pay is higher, and they tend to act as if the are real inspectors, when most POP only to end up as SA to head department....

i dont want high pay. i want high experience. LOL

Yes I agree part of wat you have said ur future plan is more important and NS is jus a passing phase. But if able to join or been selected to go SPF, you will really understand wat is life and encounter different type of real situation, studying criminal record, laws, etc. Well I can said that it benefits a lot compare to SAF, imo.

Dont get me wrong that SAF is not gd just that it really depends a lot what you really wants during ur ns period.

Not for life of cus. Want to serve NS as police.

But for the training given. Knowledge can be applied.

just saw this, NS only, whether its SPF, SCDF or SAF juz enjoy the 2yrs, the higher pay now, get it done and over, and complain abt reservists....:)

LOL, they are indeed real inspector but with zero experiences and not all are SA to head department, some have taken as head duty.

Yes I agree part of wat you have said ur future plan is more important and NS is jus a passing phase. But if able to join or been selected to go SPF, you will really understand wat is life and encounter different type of real situation, studying criminal record, laws, etc. Well I can said that it benefits a lot compare to SAF, imo.

Dont get me wrong that SAF is not gd just that it really depends a lot what you really wants during ur ns period.

:thumbsup: well said on this :
But if able to join or been selected to go SPF, you will really understand wat is life and encounter different type of real situation, studying criminal record, laws, etc. Well I can said that it benefits a lot compare to SAF, imo.

i dont want high pay. i want high experience. LOL

the only real so called police experience u get its either u become a regular(warning SOP has change a lot so uniformed officers do handle their on case file now rather than the old ways of pushing it to IO), also depend where u posted, the best busy is A and E div.

But seriously what knowledge that u wish to gain by serving SPF that u can apply later when u ORD....????

the only real so called police experience u get its either u become a regular(warning SOP has change a lot so uniformed officers do handle their on case file now rather than the old ways of pushing it to IO), also depend where u posted, the best busy is A and E div.

But seriously what knowledge that u wish to gain by serving SPF that u can apply later when u ORD....????

Sorry, what is SOP & IO.

I wish to be posted to all units, except PCG ,Traffic police as the biker.

Last edited:
LOL, they are indeed real inspector but with zero experiences and not all are SA to head department, some have taken as head duty.

Real Inspector only during their tenure and reservists.... hehehhehe.....

Sorry, what is SOP & IO.

I wish to be posted to all units, except PCG , neighbourhood police posts , Traffic police as the biker.

NPC is the best where u really wanna learn, domestic disputes, drunk and disorderly, public nuisance, simple theft, the list goes on, learn to catch snakes,

looks like you are so choosy...

NPC is the best where u really wanna learn, domestic disputes, drunk and disorderly, public nuisance, simple theft, the list goes on, learn to catch snakes,

looks like you are so choosy...

LOL. i dont really know luh.
So that's why i open this thread for ppl to give me more info:)

OK, noted what u said.

Status
Not open for further replies.