how to 100% crop in CS2


Status
Not open for further replies.

hwchoy

Senior Member
Jul 16, 2003
1,899
0
0
55
Tampines, Singapore.
www.hexazona.com
#1
how to define a crop area in pixels and have the 100%-sized crop zone? right now if I just type in the size I want, it gives me a crop rectangle with the correct ratio but unrestricted size, and it resizes to the specified size after cropping. I want it NOT to resize? can or not?
 

wong1979

New Member
Aug 16, 2005
543
0
0
#2
I dun hv CS2 with me now, but if my memory serves me correct, there are some tiny check boxes on the right side of the aspect ratio which u can set. u just need to uncheck or check it.
 

AReality

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
4,458
0
0
VisualJournalist.net
#5
The crop tool doesn't allow u to do tt.
U have to
1. create a layer from background (if it's a background)
2. from the menu, Image --> canvas size
3. type in your dimensions
4. move the layer until u want the portion to be shown
5. flatten image.
 

wong1979

New Member
Aug 16, 2005
543
0
0
#6
Let me paraphrase for hwchoy :)

By default, if you set your crop rectangle at 800 px X 600 px and crop your unresized original picture,

the cropped portion will be resized to 800 px x 600 px.

What he wants is to have a unresized crop which is 100% the actual size.
 

wong1979

New Member
Aug 16, 2005
543
0
0
#7
AReality said:
The crop tool doesn't allow u to do tt.
U have to
1. create a layer from background (if it's a background)
2. from the menu, Image --> canvas size
3. type in your dimensions
4. move the layer until u want the portion to be shown
5. flatten image.
Cheem :confused:
 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#8
try this..

1. select crop tool
2. set style to "fixed size" - see pic below
3. enter height and width. add 'px' for pixels, eg 1000 px
4. select area to crop

 

wong1979

New Member
Aug 16, 2005
543
0
0
#9
madmacs said:
try this..

1. select crop tool
2. set style to "fixed size" - see pic below
3. enter height and width. add 'px' for pixels, eg 1000 px
4. select area to crop

ya, something like that, is this a customized skin for cs2? mine looks quite different.
 

AReality

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
4,458
0
0
VisualJournalist.net
#13
madmacs said:
try this..

1. select crop tool
2. set style to "fixed size" - see pic below
3. enter height and width. add 'px' for pixels, eg 1000 px
4. select area to crop

I dun think tt's a crop tool rite?
Tt's the rectangular marquee tool.

Dun think can crop using this method.
But can copy the marqueed area, then create new image, paste inside.
 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#15
AReality said:
I dun think tt's a crop tool rite?
Tt's the rectangular marquee tool.

Dun think can crop using this method.
But can copy the marqueed area, then create new image, paste inside.
oops..my mistake. i did mean rectangular marquee :embrass:

anyway...after selecting the area you want to crop, select Image, Crop to crop the selection.
 

kurtlim

New Member
Apr 30, 2003
205
0
0
Visit site
#16
hwchoy said:
how to define a crop area in pixels and have the 100%-sized crop zone? right now if I just type in the size I want, it gives me a crop rectangle with the correct ratio but unrestricted size, and it resizes to the specified size after cropping. I want it NOT to resize? can or not?
not sure about CS2, using PS7 here. i usually use rectangular marquee tool to do that. choose style->fix size, CTRL-C to copy, CTRL-N to open a new file, CTRL-V to paste. this way i never have to risk messing the original file.
 

Apr 12, 2005
1,767
0
0
#20
hwchoy said:
how to define a crop area in pixels and have the 100%-sized crop zone? right now if I just type in the size I want, it gives me a crop rectangle with the correct ratio but unrestricted size, and it resizes to the specified size after cropping. I want it NOT to resize? can or not?
If you want 100% crop (i.e. just a crop of original picture and no resizing), then only specify the width and height (in inches for the wanted ratio) but leave the resolution (pixel per inch) box blank :

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=1849084&postcount=4
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom