how should i start opening my golden mouth to ask for a shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
Kor Kor, Jie Jie, can teach me, di di me alway heart want to take but mouth just can not open leh....:cry:

drumma said:
huh? what do u want to take? 'street candids?'

night time so dark, my FX8 is see-in nothing leh

First, try proper english... If you pull that full-blown singlish on the girls, they'll think you're trying to ask them "how much for the night"

i wanted to take this ice cream seller before..
but not sure he would mind or not....

wonders if anyone got any bad experience from asking from others?

Rheo said:

buy ice cream from him sure can,no need talk.
Unless he point the knife at you then different story.:bsmilie:

compro_1975 said:
Kor Kor, Jie Jie, can teach me, di di me alway heart want to take but mouth just can not open leh....:cry:

i wonder what's your next thread.:think:
So many thread you started.

compro_1975 said:

If you mouth is Golden, then it is better to keep it shut.

compro_1975 said:

If u wanted it to be a 'natural' shot, U simply just can't ask them. Bcos by doing so, it would have somehow become a posed shot...and you would have lost that 'natural' feeling in that photo.

Ken.. your pic is very distracting..
how to concentrate at work....

well, if what you want are candid and natural shots, smile at the person and shoot. after you've gone trigger happy, if you want, you can smile at the person again or even go up to have a small little chat with them, tell them what you're doing, share something with them. :) be friendly :)

Rheo said:

I also face the same problem..wanted to take this fourtune teller in Little India..but dont dare to take without permission.....

Jinyuan said:
I also face the same problem..wanted to take this fourtune teller in Little India..but dont dare to take without permission.....

Haha that's where zoom lenses come into play. If you're too shy to ask, or are afraid that the spontaneity will be lost, position yourself some distance away, pretend to be interested in something else, when they're not looking or preoccupied, turn and shoot. Speed is essential for a quick and silent hit.

Ok it may sound low down but even professional photographers do it very often, especially photojournalists and travel photographers. The person may be annoyed but what can they do?

But don't try this with kids when their parents are around. Always ask their permission as parents tend to be very protective and may make a scene.

solarii said:
Ok it may sound low down but even professional photographers do it very often, especially photojournalists and travel photographers. The person may be annoyed but what can they do?

But don't try this with kids when their parents are around. Always ask their permission as parents tend to be very protective and may make a scene.

if they're annoyed, smile at them. be friendly like mentioned above. if they still buey song, delete lor. or at least pretend to. :D j/k.

For street candids I will just take (try not to use flash) and walk away. If they follow, I just delet the photo...If they ask, just show them that don't have their photo lor...Ha ha...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.