How Models really feel about most of the photographers at It/Car Shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple logic - if she wears revealing dress, the purpose is to attract voyeurs like exhibitionists do. :devil:

The show girls have been exploited by the companies to put on the dresses which they scrimp on materials. And the designs of many of the dresses are in atrociously bad taste.

One thing you can do is to boycott the shows.

lots of photog crowding around a model shooting shooting shooting.. like army range. own time own target. no M16 mah, must exercise finger what.. haha... model there is the target board loh... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

The last time at DreamcarsAsia, when I'd asked a lady if its ok I take a photo for her, she smiled and said, "Sure! No problem."

As I was getting ready, she followed up with this question, "Excuse me, I hope you won't post my photo up online ok?"

Whilst I rarely post photos of car image models online esp to hotlinkable images, that question really hit home a point - that there are photographers out there who take photos with a darker reason and motive.

Not been doing lotsa shootings these days, but this break made me take 1 step back to have a clearer look at the photography scene. My final conclusion? Think I'll reserve my comments. Don't really wanna say. :)

The last time at DreamcarsAsia, when I'd asked a lady if its ok I take a photo for her, she smiled and said, "Sure! No problem."

As I was getting ready, she followed up with this question, "Excuse me, I hope you won't post my photo up online ok?"

Whilst I rarely post photos of car image models online esp to hotlinkable images, that question really hit home a point - that there are photographers out there who take photos with a darker reason and motive.

Not been doing lotsa shootings these days, but this break made me take 1 step back to have a clearer look at the photography scene. My final conclusion? Think I'll reserve my comments. Don't really wanna say. :)

well... small wonder. most of the pics dat most CSers so dutifully shoot and post of every show end up on sammyboy, sggirls and every other website (mentionable or otherwise) from here and up the ying yang...

With due respect which I understood from some of the showgirls.

1) To earn some exra income for fund their studies, their expenses, their boyfriend's expenses... etc etc.

2) To earn a living...

3) In hope of getting noticed by talent scouts.

4) They love it... (Very Rare)

5) Other reasons...

I think these models will eventually have to take it that its an occupational hazzard for them. However as photographers, we should always bear in mind that these girls have their decency to protect as well.. .so have to respect these girls.

At the BBT, I do notice a stream of "Photographers" who will surround the showgirls even when the girl tries to make her way to her lunch. So give the girls a break as well. ;)

Yes, gauging from my friends who did modelling in the car shows, they are plainly irritated with photographers, but not all. (they are fine with those who ask nicely, and sincerely, they hate those who demand like the models owe them big time for the $ they paid for entrance)

Irritated with photographers, yes.
What frightens them more ....is videographers. LOL

I was told why they were terrified of videographers....the reason too blunt to put here.
:bsmilie:

Some models hate being shot while others loves it. Some photographers gives the good photographers bad name. My point is, the girls have the right to reject those requests if she deem the photographer is exploiting her. She do not have to follow every instructions photographers gives. If she does, i think a lot of them would have to strip. I dont think these models are Bimbos, most of them that i know are in Uni or Poly. They can think and make their decision.

By posting this tread, the TS is like saying all CS photographers who goes to these sort of shows are Hum Sup..

The poor lighting there is a good challenge to some who wants to learn to adapt if the lightings cannot be controlled. especially Buding event photographers. In events, the lights are usually beyond the photographers' control and how many event do you think these photographers have a chance to pratice on? These motorshow etc are the best alternative to pratice on. Who would not like to sit in the studio and shoot all the time and not to worry about lights condition.

If models dont like to be shot, I think the BBT tread have a model starting a tread requesting CSer to support her.

Another Boliao tread chocking up the bandwidth. :thumbsd:

Sometimes I really see no sense in going to these exhibitions just to shoot models.There isnt anything you are gonna benefit out of it anyway...might as well just spend time on a proper model in a proper environment with proper poses...
The photos just dont convey any meaning except that the photographer is trying to get more photos of ladies in skimpy outfits..

:thumbsup: Oh man I couldn't agree with you more! Same sentiments as mine. Especially that last sentence.
One of my ex-colleague(also in CS here..hehe) sister who is a student used to work at all these PC shows, ITshows, etc. She and some friends stop since the last comex show and told me is partly because she hates those photographer.
She asked me before "do you enjoy taking pictures of strangers?"...haha NOT ME!
I never appear at all these shows with camera.

Irritated with photographers, yes.
What frightens them more ....is videographers. LOL

I was told why they were terrified of videographers....the reason too blunt to put here.
:bsmilie:
The fastest DSLR can only 8.5fps... Video is 30fps plus sound... More optical zoom...

For pictures, models can request to see/preview from the LCD screen... At least they know what the photographer has taken... (maybe the photographer took a low angle, but is a super wide angle shot?) For video, I only know those HDD video can preview only... Otherwise need to rewind the DV tape...

the title reads 'how models really feel about MOST of the photographers'.

Thanks to TS for getting insights of some of the showgirls' thoughts on such issues.

But to say that MOST of the photographers are 'hum sup' is blowing things out of proportion.

When is a photographer become a 'photographer', who is to be the judge of such transition?

IMHO, there's always people with different agenda going to any events. If a showgirl is going to be pissed with 1 of 100 photographers trying to pull stunts with her, then she can either handle it professionally or choose not to be a showgirl in the first place! No one can stop a photographer if he/she is determined to pull stunts at such events less calling the five-O.

As for why people keep shooting at such events, it is not difficult to figure out why. Why do people like photography in the first place? To satisfy the sense of sight. Humans like to see beautiful things. With the gender of photographers tilting to the male gender, most subjects that male photographers like to shoot = females! And these are aplenty at a reasonable cost at such shows. As Augustine has put it, it is very much more economical to shoot at such shows. And at off-peak hours of these events, one can have a 'pte' shoot at the event itself! With trickly lighting and limited background to work with!

Waiting for the CS celebrity photographer to make his appearance here. He's very famous among the models at such shows. On the side note, the latest series seems to make them look bluey :bsmilie: .
I don't remember names very well but I can recall faces at a snap.

There's this chap I'd spotted twice, twice at DCA, once at BBTZ. Looks pretty old, with a thick pair of specs, Nikon D2X, usually shoots with primes (never zooms), usually a 50mm attached, occasionally carries a film for backup.

Is it that same guy we're looking at? :dunno:

I don't remember names very well but I can recall faces at a snap.

There's this chap I'd spotted twice, twice at DCA, once at BBTZ. Looks pretty old, with a thick pair of specs, Nikon D2X, usually shoots with primes (never zooms), usually a 50mm attached, occasionally carries a film for backup.

Is it that same guy we're looking at? :dunno:

nope:)

the title reads 'how models really feel about MOST of the photographers'.

Thanks to TS for getting insights of some of the showgirls' thoughts on such issues.

But to say that MOST of the photographers are 'hum sup' is blowing things out of proportion.

When is a photographer become a 'photographer', who is to be the judge of such transition?

IMHO, there's always people with different agenda going to any events. If a showgirl is going to be pissed with 1 of 100 photographers trying to pull stunts with her, then she can either handle it professionally or choose not to be a showgirl in the first place! No one can stop a photographer if he/she is determined to pull stunts at such events less calling the five-O.

As for why people keep shooting at such events, it is not difficult to figure out why. Why do people like photography in the first place? To satisfy the sense of sight. Humans like to see beautiful things. With the gender of photographers tilting to the male gender, most subjects that male photographers like to shoot = females! And these are aplenty at a reasonable cost at such shows. As Augustine has put it, it is very much more economical to shoot at such shows. And at off-peak hours of these events, one can have a 'pte' shoot at the event itself! With trickly lighting and limited background to work with!
Yea, the girls i talked to usually say things like "oh im not comfortable doing that pose" or " im sorry my company does not allow me to do so" when they get adsurb requests, otherwise, they just smile and allow their photo to be taken.

i'm not saying ALL/MOST photographers here are hum sup, in fact, i respect many of you, both in age/life experience/photography knowledge as well as the willingness to share. However, I find that I sorta understand the plight so I just wanna highlight it here.

Moreover, I'm sure many of us here have friends who like to go to such shows to take such girls, and when they do, perhaps you as a friend has a duty to remind them to be a tiny weeny bit more courteous and polite to these poor girls?

Thanks in advance yea. :)

anyway to DeSwitch: I'm sorry to take up precious bandwidth, but I would just like to make my point. :) Why not you go to all the chit chat/Sentosa/kopi peng threads and say they are wasting bandwidth? At least mine is for a cause and to highlight a courtesy as well as social issue. Thank you very much Deswitch, i <3 you for telling me I'm using up bandwidth! (any more letters I type here will load up one more bit of bandwith right? and 8 bits become 1 byte and WOAH 1000bytes become 1kilobyte... so wasteful! awww)

Anyway, thanks to the responses everyone, we are still so far away from being a gracious society.

there's bound to be guys who take up photography just to shoot girls in carshows. it's just their business. i do turn out at car rallies to shoot the cars and race queen and support one of the contestant. does that mean i'm dirty as well?

this is very subjective. during car shows, i would just take photos of them and wouldn't really call them to pose this or that position. we don't even pay them?! that's why paying for a model shoot is different.

Yea, the girls i talked to usually say things like "oh im not comfortable doing that pose" or " im sorry my company does not allow me to do so" when they get adsurb requests, otherwise, they just smile and allow their photo to be taken.

i'm not saying ALL/MOST photographers here are hum sup, in fact, i respect many of you, both in age/life experience/photography knowledge as well as the willingness to share. However, I find that I sorta understand the plight so I just wanna highlight it here.

Moreover, I'm sure many of us here have friends who like to go to such shows to take such girls, and when they do, perhaps you as a friend has a duty to remind them to be a tiny weeny bit more courteous and polite to these poor girls?

Thanks in advance yea. :)

anyway to DeSwitch: I'm sorry to take up precious bandwidth, but I would just like to make my point. :) Why not you go to all the chit chat/Sentosa/kopi peng threads and say they are wasting bandwidth? At least mine is for a cause and to highlight a courtesy as well as social issue. Thank you very much Deswitch, i <3 you for telling me I'm using up bandwidth! (any more letters I type here will load up one more bit of bandwith right? and 8 bits become 1 byte and WOAH 1000bytes become 1kilobyte... so wasteful! awww)

Anyway, thanks to the responses everyone, we are still so far away from being a gracious society.

dream on.we'll never reach there.:nono:
if u have been following my thread, you'll know.there's only a handful of knights in shining armour.:)

Nah, now my concern is not about reaching the wonderful era of knights in shining armour with the fair maidens of distress, now, I'm just voicing an opinion here relating to photography, and a rightful one in my honest opinion after careful consideration, and some bum come and say I'm wasting bandwidth. As if asking about RAM, a housing thread aint wasting bandwidth. And seems like he's not replying anymore, what a bum, wasteful of bandwidth indeed!

Dang! Our honourary event photog isn't taking the tasty bait :bsmilie:

Yah, he probably has the most photo startup threads in recent months compared to anyone else. and none very inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.