How Models really feel about most of the photographers at It/Car Shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

germ_boi

Oct 3, 2003
Sedna, Orion Stars
Visit site
So here's the story, intended to challenge perceptions about shooting models at IT Shows or the Motorshows. People here usually shoot out of the interest of photography and to some degree the male instinct (who doesnt like to have photos of pretty girls?). even for myself, I remember picking up photography in Secondary school because I wanted to get closer to girls, haha, and it was pretty successful. Anyway, I have passed that stage now, having taken up photography as a part time work to provide me some extra income.

So I was working at the Apple booth this time around as a Salesperson and I got to know some of the models from the AppleTeam as well as for O2 and some others. Anyway there was this model who I talked to for quite some time and we were talking about her work, the timings, her pay and of course some of the nuances she has had to face.

And her number 1 grumble: Irritating Photographers.

She isnt referring to those who ask her to smile but she's referring to those who do not respect her. These range from asking her to do a more slutty pose by explicitly demostrating a posture that looked right out of Kamarsutra, or those that try to take up her skirt, or ask her to unbutton her top few buttons to reveal more cleavage.

I'm sure not all the photographers here are like that, especially not the professional self respecting ones. But the ones who take photography as a way to be hum sup, please do note the moral damage you are inflicting to your peers!

Lastly the point of this thread is to tell all the photographers who throng down to every possible IT Show to shoot the girls there, give them a least bit of respect! Their life aint easy, having to smile at every request and even subtle request from us photographers to reveal a slight bit more of their modesty or a slutty posture.

True, they are paid to do this, but anymore, and photographers are given a bad name!

In deepest respect to all,
Jeremy

Waiting for the CS celebrity photographer to make his appearance here. He's very famous among the models at such shows. On the side note, the latest series seems to make them look bluey :bsmilie: .

Waiting for the CS celebrity photographer to make his appearance here. He's very famous among the models at such shows. On the side note, the latest series seems to make them look bluey :bsmilie: .
huh?! who is that? how come i dont know?

haha. that's cuz i dont look at the portraits section. mostly all the sickening contrived overused poses of bikini babes.

huh?! who is that? how come i dont know?

haha. that's cuz i dont look at the portraits section. mostly all the sickening contrived overused poses of bikini babes.

Now Now. No names. :bsmilie:

Sometimes I really see no sense in going to these exhibitions just to shoot models.There isnt anything you are gonna benefit out of it anyway...might as well just spend time on a proper model in a proper environment with proper poses...
The photos just dont convey any meaning except that the photographer is trying to get more photos of ladies in skimpy outfits..

Those lechers who tries to take upskirts, perhaps they were trying to try something 'different' in the photographic sense? Ya know, must break rules to have breakthrough ma? :)

So here's the story, intended to challenge perceptions about shooting models at IT Shows or the Motorshows. People here usually shoot out of the interest of photography and to some degree the male instinct (who doesnt like to have photos of pretty girls?). even for myself, I remember picking up photography in Secondary school because I wanted to get closer to girls, haha, and it was pretty successful. Anyway, I have passed that stage now, having taken up photography as a part time work to provide me some extra income.

So I was working at the Apple booth this time around as a Salesperson and I got to know some of the models from the AppleTeam as well as for O2 and some others. Anyway there was this model who I talked to for quite some time and we were talking about her work, the timings, her pay and of course some of the nuances she has had to face.

She isnt referring to those who ask her to smile but she's referring to those who do not respect her. These range from asking her to do a more slutty pose by explicitly demostrating a posture that looked right out of Kamarsutra, or those that try to take up her skirt, or ask her to unbutton her top few buttons to reveal more cleavage.

I'm sure not all the photographers here are like that, especially not the professional self respecting ones. But the ones who take photography as a way to be hum sup, please do note the moral damage you are inflicting to your peers!

Lastly the point of this thread is to tell all the photographers who throng down to every possible IT Show to shoot the girls there, give them a least bit of respect! Their life aint easy, having to smile at every request and even subtle request from us photographers to reveal a slight bit more of their modesty or a slutty posture.

True, they are paid to do this, but anymore, and photographers are given a bad name!

In deepest respect to all,
Jeremy

well... if u've been ard CS long enuf, and attended enuf of such shows and see such 'photographers' in action... u'll begin to empathise more with the poor models and the st1t they had to put up with during the shows. i've got a model friend who works on these shows too, and the stories i get fm her can make one's ears burn.

1 real life example i've seen - 3 yrs back at the defunct (?) PC Show at suntec, one 'photographer' was using one of those on-display, kitchen sink-included creative tech's cameras to shoot one of the booth's models. wat the bugger din know was dat the cameras were all attached to the big projection TV above the creative's booth. the TV will just cycle thru all the cams, showing wat each camera sees (depending on where the photographer was pointing the cam). guess wat? when the TV showed the view from dat bugger's cam, all those ard and behind him can see him trying to zoom the lens up the model's crotch... :rolleyes:

so for those CSers who like to go shoot models at such shows... pls, spare a thot for these poor ladies and show a little respect?

Sometimes I really see no sense in going to these exhibitions just to shoot models.There isnt anything you are gonna benefit out of it anyway...might as well just spend time on a proper model in a proper environment with proper poses...
haha ..... different ppl have different interests...:sweat:
there are ppl who are so crazy about queing up for sales, free gifts, etc...
there are ppl who can sit and wait for hours looking at girls (geylang/jc)
there are also these hardcore event-model photographers ......
these ppl are like us who spent so many hours looking at the monitor screen .... to a lot of ppl we are juz as boliao...:bsmilie:
WHat the TS is saying is not these hardcore photographers but those irritating ppl holding cameras who made ridiculous requests from models (who are almost always very young girls, )....

The models I know are ok with those who shoot decently, show them some respect by notifying them nicely that they are going to shoot and shoot normal poses. For goodness sake, they are brand ambassadors, not models to shoot in some sick posed your contrived mind thought of? And shooting at 5FPS at them wont helping much!

Those that take the opportunity to touch the models, stare into their chest where the clothes dont cover, these girls are not fools or bums k, they can see where your eyes roll to, where your hands subtly touch!

Look, if you want to do such things, dont use the camera as a device to get near these girls.

Could I invite you to have a close and careful look at those motor show photos posted in CS again?

How come all the girls look so happy in whatever pose and dress they are in?

They are enjoying it. So what is your problem? :)

as accurate from one of them.

they felt that it was a job. so no choice. :bsmilie:

LOL ...
Aniway I was working with a camera brand for the past 2 yrs and worked there as a salesperson for most major shows

Indeed the models from my booth were irritated by the photgraphers.
Too much to comments better keep to myself .. :bsmilie:

Yes, in the photos posted here the girls look happy. However, the message I'm relaying here is for photographers who step across the line.

And I'm not being mean here, you can be posting this series of shots where the girls are smiling and all, but you could have a hidden stash of photos where you took indecent shots of them. Many of you could jump up now and be defensive, but I have seen too many photographers doing that at the Motorshow as well as at the recent Sitex.

Now think, as a model girl, if someone is shooting that kind of shots at you, or while carrying a camera, brushes his arm past your butt, how would you feel?

edit: and as many posted while i was typing, it is part of their job, no matter how irritating it is, to smile.

Then you as defender of good taste should take photos of them and catch them in the act and post them here. :)
Is there a need?

My aim here is just to notify everyone to be a weeny bit more considerate to the models you are shooting? No need to publicily shame everyone right?

As nightwolf75 has already said/quoted, it has happened already.

Simple logic - if she wears revealing dress, the purpose is to attract voyeurs like exhibitionists do. :devil:

Now, from my observation, some models are green with jealousy when hardly anyone wants to shoot her whereas the hot favs get all the attention in terms of flashes fired at them.:bsmilie: - the more flashes, the bigger the smiles......

Status
Not open for further replies.