How many of you own a vertical grip?

Do you own a vertical grip?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont own 1 as I very seldom exhaust the batteries. Even if I do, I have a spare battery. If the spare battery is dead, use compact camera to shoot.

When I travel, I bring along my DSLR as well as a compact PNS for easy shooting.

do own one, for a better grip

just wondering when u buy the batt grip, do they come with 2 x lithium batts inside?
on a canon system currently.

Dont think so with Nikon.
Batteries not included....:(

Dont own 1 as I very seldom exhaust the batteries. Even if I do, I have a spare battery. If the spare battery is dead, use compact camera to shoot.

When I travel, I bring along my DSLR as well as a compact PNS for easy shooting.

I brought all my cameras during SIN'08, it have exhausted 3 sets of my batteries (both cameras) & 2 sets of batteries for my flash in just 1 day.... :bsmilie:

have one,
last time i used it is like 2 years ago...
feels better without grip... i dont like it too big..

I brought all my cameras during SIN'08, it have exhausted 3 sets of my batteries (both cameras) & 2 sets of batteries for my flash in just 1 day.... :bsmilie:

wahh!:bigeyes: superb. i have a quote for you. "Shoot To Live, Live to Shoot".:bsmilie: lol. Shuhry81 hands a High Shutter Count Award & Trophy to Anson. :D

Cheers!

Ever since I first attached the vertical grip it never got off my a200. The camera feels more "balanced" and does not "look down" when hanging freely even with flash attached.

It is nice to look like pro. Tempted to get but do not find it useful enough to use often since I do not need the 8fps. So I just carry along a second spare battery.

However, not sure if anyone can last half day with a D300-like heavy duty camera mounted with a 17-55mm/2.8. It is heavy as I shoot an event lasting 3.5 hours and really "siong" even without the vertical grip.

actually there is a trick to get the 8fps from a D300 without using the battery pack.

I myself use the K20D and after reading the comments about the its grip design, more useful to have more batteries instead.

for long events, a lock monopod is useful to have.

Last edited:
I use vert grip for my D300 for the following reason
which most the same reason:

1. Longer lasting (I using D2 Batt) hehe
which last 7 days per batt in average and great
when traveling and so dun have to worry about
low batt

2. FAT FINGERS

3. Prefer to have a better grip especially when
taking pictures in portrait format (Which I find I'm
very prone in doing that)

4. Stable Cam when using my two 2.8 lenses

5. Not very particular about the 8fps thing though
it was shiok to hear when I use it for the first time
but heck, who uses so fast anyway and especially for
general usage.
:D

hi there.
i noticed alot of 5D owners don use... why is this so?

Easier for me to hold with grip as i normally spread my fingers widely.

no more 'chicken wing' while shooting in portrait orientation

this answer rox!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
i got strong bo under my arms lol
so i got to be nice to the buddies snapping around me or i won't have a place to stand!

Have been using battery grip since the film days with my Eos 50 (BP 50)and Eos 5 QD (in this case, vertical grip VG-10).
Now has BG-E2 on my Eos 20D and BG-E6 on my Eos 5D MK II .
The main reason for me is it feels more balance and the ability to accommodate additional battery.

I have a grip for the 30D, but with a new camera body, trying to live without it, as I'm saving up to afford a new lens.

This may not count -- it's not a battery-grip -- but I use a vertical grip for my external flashgun, a flash bracket if you like. It allows me to hold the flash at the side of the camera instead of it being mounted on top. Much better balanced and much better to hold the gear that way. Looks very 'pro' as well, like a press photographer, though that wasn't my primary purpose.

for grip is a must, gives me a better feel of the camera and better control when taking pix vertically.... use grip on my 40, 50 and now 5d2

However, not sure if anyone can last half day with a D300-like heavy duty camera mounted with a 17-55mm/2.8. It is heavy as I shoot an event lasting 3.5 hours and really "siong" even without the vertical grip.

I do that, and for about 5-6 hrs when shooting a wedding.

Canon 40d + 17-55 f2.8 + 580 flash + grip. I need the grip to balance the weight to the lower part of the camera. If not, holding it would be much more difficult in order to balance the top side having the f2.8 lens and flash.

And I'm a lady with small delicate fingers. It was tough at first but it's just a matter of getting used to it. And of course with neck strap though. Now I'm addicted to it bcoz it also makes doing portrait shots much easier. Even my 400d has a grip too.

Status
Not open for further replies.