How many of you are like this?

Nikonzen

Nov 3, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
Today I wanted to walk home from work so I did. I didn't have my camera with me but as I walked along I started noticing potential snaps. Then I said to myself "no the light is not right for this one." "Man that one would be a good HDR shot...wonder what the best angles would be?"...etc. All kinds of things were presenting themselves to me.

It is like I slipped in the zone or something and despite not carrying a camera with me (actually I had a phone camera with me but I didn't think to use it) I was doing photography. In retroflection I think time sort of stopped awhile for me as I was walking along today.

Last edited:
Reactions: harnamsc
it usually happens very quickly... that's why i've to say... photography has two main route... be prepared for the moment and capture it... or make the moment so you could capture it...

or else it would just be another fleeting moment.... :D

Reactions: Nikonzen
“I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.”

Alice Walker The Color Purple

I'm a public transportation worker... there are times where the setting sun on my route is just so incredibly good... I wish I had my DSLR+Telephoto Lens with me... but ended up trying to shoot with the camera in my Tablet... which turn out horrible.... :cry:

I'm a public transportation worker... there are times where the setting sun on my route is just so incredibly good... I wish I had my DSLR+Telephoto Lens with me... but ended up trying to shoot with the camera in my Tablet... which turn out horrible.... :cry:

Even when I have my camera with me, I often have an image in my mind but cannot capture it in the camera. Sigh. I think my successful pics to total pics taken ratio is really bad.

all the time.

"why do i have to work today"

That is why people said the best camera is the one you left at home :bsmilie:

When in doubt, shoot first ask question later :bsmilie:

It is difficult to capture a sunset/sunrise in a moving train :(

The last time I tried to take a picture of the sunset is when the train stopped.

However, I get a picture of dirt on the train glass window.

I wish the SMRT will clean the glass windows more frequently :(