how is the Sentosa Flowers 2008 ? anyone went today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

istDeS

Dec 7, 2005
"River end"
Sentosa Flowers 2008

Date : 7 – 17 Feb
Time : 9am – 10pm
Venue : Imbiah Lookout
Admission : Free admission to event ground (Sentosa island admission and transportation charges payable separately)

Celebrate the season of Spring with a myriad of colours and fragrances at the annual springtime floral and botanical extravaganza, Sentosa Flowers. Held over the first eleven days of the Lunar New Year, come discover a wonderful world of flowers with unique and rare species on show at this award winning festival. In this fourth installment, experience the floral spectacle into the night with the event hours extended to 10pm daily. Also new this year are the delightful floral floats decorated with fresh flowers. Come share this magical occasion with your family and friends and bring home lasting memories of the festive season.

To those wanting to go for this event, I advise you to go very early as the queue is very long. The walking path to the island is closed for development so you cannot walk over. This caused long queues at the cable , monorail and bus entry points. Imagine all the foreign chinese and indian workers and us locals wanting to see the event queuing there and you should get the idea. I estimated at least 1 1/2 hr to 2 hrs queuing time.:sweat: I was not in the mood for waiting so gave up the idea of going in there today.

can i ask what time did u go today?
any idea if i drive in, will it be very crowded too?

thx. :)

To those wanting to go for this event, I advise you to go very early as the queue is very long. The walking path to the island is closed for development so you cannot walk over. This caused long queues at the cable , monorail and bus entry points. Imagine all the foreign chinese and indian workers and us locals wanting to see the event queuing there and you should get the idea. I estimated at least 1 1/2 hr to 2 hrs queuing time.:sweat: I was not in the mood for waiting so gave up the idea of going in there today.

i would like to see the implementations i suggested last year...

can i ask what time did u go today?
any idea if i drive in, will it be very crowded too?

thx. :)

I was there around 12-1 pm looking for the way in. Not sure on driving in but I think you would get in a whole lot faster than the other means of transport. Traffic seems quite normal on the bridge.

Very long queues at cable, especially monorail and bus entry points. Est waiting time around 1 1/2 hr to 2 hr if U go down late in afternoon. Walkway to island closed for development so queues at the above are longer than usual with locals and foreign workers all waiting to go in by the above means. I did not go in after seeing the long queues.:sweat:

I just came back from there...from vivocity, not from sentoa...didn't made it in.

My family wanted to go there in the afternoon, so we travelled and gosh was the queue LONG. Extremely long was an understatement, the queue twisted and turn in the lobby and snaked all the way out into the roof garden area. The description by berserk comes nothing close to perfect...

We gave up the monorail and tried to walk across, but as mentioned, the walkway was closed...ended up going home, didn't try the River Hongbao either, suspect it'll be worse!

I took a shot from vivo at 200mm at the sentosa's merlion...when zoomed in, the merlion was crowded!!! Can imagine the crowd at sentosa....ppl mountain ppl sea.

Maybe its just today, EVERYBODY wants to go to the exhibition at the same time...

I just came back from there...from vivocity, not from sentoa...didn't made it in.

My family wanted to go there in the afternoon, so we travelled and gosh was the queue LONG. Extremely long was an understatement, the queue twisted and turn in the lobby and snaked all the way out into the roof garden area. The description by berserk comes nothing close to perfect...

We gave up the monorail and tried to walk across, but as mentioned, the walkway was closed...ended up going home, didn't try the River Hongbao either, suspect it'll be worse!

I took a shot from vivo at 200mm at the sentosa's merlion...when zoomed in, the merlion was crowded!!! Can imagine the crowd at sentosa....ppl mountain ppl sea.

Maybe its just today, EVERYBODY wants to go to the exhibition at the same time...

Shout "bomb" and the crowded disperse.:devil:
Qoute-"The description by berserk comes nothing close to perfect..."

I think singapore has to create some fun on this island man! This island problem is too many people going to same places.

Erh... not that bad bah??? I intend to go on Sat... :sweatsm:

You going? I intend to go on Sat...

haha, guess i wud be going there on the weekdays to avoid the crowd

I went there yesterday abt 2+pm. The crowd was terrible at the queues to the tickets and entry into the station. Fortunately i got Islander card so don't need to queue for tickets but the entry to the station and monorail waiting still takes abt 20mins. Coming back time from Imbiah station around 6+pm still have to queue for abt 30mins.

Is it the event that is crowded or is it just the bus/monorail that is crowded? Makes a difference leh...

Status
Not open for further replies.