how far should a "newbie" tag allow one to get away with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question can seem very inane to someone who had been in the hobby for a long time but might seem like a serious question to someone new.

It's like a Primary 3 kid asking a uni grad a science question and the latter saying it's a dumb qns. :think:
if a Primary 3 kid do ask a uni grad a science question about quantum theory, how the uni grad gonne explain to him??

some time if some one ask me a question, which I think it is too "chime" for him to understand at that moment, I will get a label as "selfish" "know how but do want to share".

i cannot stand the people who go around leaving "nice series" "nice!".. i mean yeah it happens on flickr all the time.. flickr is a sugar-coated donut society :bsmilie:

Agreed.

Can i ask which shoulder you sling your camera over? Left or right better ah? :bsmilie:

I think sling on your neck, together with your camera. Like that, the center of gravity is at its most centralised. Lagi best.

Another one is "when to buy my 40D, 400D, 450D, D80, D200, D300..." :bsmilie:

I'll just google and read posts in CS, search if needed, it is enough for me most of the time.
I'm always in CS, but have not been posting.
One of the reason why I'm not actively posting is that I'm afraid of asking the 'wrong' questions, then the chain effect happens...

I always want to post this question:

"Does a bigger camera produces better pictures?"

:bsmilie:

if a Primary 3 kid do ask a uni grad a science question about quantum theory, how the uni grad gonne explain to him??

some time if some one ask me a question, which I think it is too "chime" for him to understand at that moment, I will get a label as "selfish" "know how but do want to share".

ask sifu a simple qn...

SB800 at 1/1 is equivalent to how many watts ar? :devil:

Agreed.

I think sling on your neck, together with your camera. Like that, the center of gravity is at its most centralised. Lagi best.

Another one is "when to buy my 40D, 400D, 450D, D80, D200, D300..." :bsmilie:

wrong... thats still sling in front, front heavy...

the best is put on top of the head. most central liao... also prevent bending over...

ask sifu a simple qn...

SB800 at 1/1 is equivalent to how many watts ar? :devil:
sorry, I don't know, just finish reading owner manual from page 1 to page 125, nothing mention about watts, only said at full power, zoom setting at 35mm, you get GN of 38/125 m/ft at ISO 100.

next time whoever ask a spoon feed question, this image will pop out.

DSC_0084.jpg

A question can seem very inane to someone who had been in the hobby for a long time but might seem like a serious question to someone new.

It's like a Primary 3 kid asking a uni grad a science question and the latter saying it's a dumb qns. :think:

really... I find myself unable to answer more than 5 whys/hows to most things that kids bring up.

do it the same way most parents do about sex

"you see, son.. it has to do with the birds.. and the bees..

when they interact, quantum physics comes into play."

i hang it off my ear

much easier to access

I wear it like a sweatband. Over the forehead, over both ears and down my back. Strengthens the neck muscles, but not as quick to access...

I wear it like a sweatband. Over the forehead, over both ears and down my back. Strengthens the neck muscles, but not as quick to access...

when travelling for long periods, i use a pulley system to strap it around my ankle

still very fast access

not as good as the ear, but a few jerks and it's up in front of my face

trains the calf muscles too.. though if i have a telephoto lens on it it does hinder movement a little

but it's still good overall

Sifu,

Wat if my len is beri fat, budden no glas inside one der. Den how ahz?

tu di

very easy

you see your fridge? open up the top compartment, take out ice cube
and put it in front of lens

everyone knows that we have been cheated by those evil companies for damn long
ice is the way to go, not glass

but they are too lazy to device a proper cooling system for all their lenses

when travelling for long periods, i use a pulley system to strap it around my ankle

still very fast access

not as good as the ear, but a few jerks and it's up in front of my face

trains the calf muscles too.. though if i have a telephoto lens on it it does hinder movement a little

but it's still good overall

Care to share the DIY? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.