How can I get a 'makeover' for a very weathered Rolleicord v in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miraiyuki

Sep 15, 2007
just outside town
onebrightpixel.com
Hi there, I've gotten a Rolleicord V lately... I feel very insecure that the leather is sticking out and the black paint keeps flaking. It's a matter of time the leather crack and peel off totally... Is there somewhere in SG I can get some makeover for my Rolleicord? How much would it cost for such work?

Thanks!

Would be interested in knowing too. I'm also trying to have mine checked for accurate shutter speed. Are there any shops here able to do this? BTW is yours a V, Va or Vb?

Hi there, I've gotten a Rolleicord V lately... I feel very insecure that the leather is sticking out and the black paint keeps flaking. It's a matter of time the leather crack and peel off totally... Is there somewhere in SG I can get some makeover for my Rolleicord? How much would it cost for such work?

Thanks!

Hi, you may like to try DE Camera Consultant, Mr Philip Tay may be of help.
511 Guillemard Rd, #01-46, Grandlink Square, S (399849)
Tel : 67426383;)

Good-luck!

Just order from here (http://www.cameraleather.com/rolleitlr/). As for CLA send to P&G at Peninsula Hotel outlet, Andrew did a very good job for me and my friends.

Yes Andrew fuly restored my 2.8E and also 2 Rolleicords.

I have a V there now for him to work on. Looked a bit used when first sent, now looks great. Optics is super. If anyone want a Cord, I may sell it for $500.

Philip from DE cam consultant gets my vote.

He was showing me some new leather covers for the rolleiflexes he just acquired, not sure if he has any for the cords. He was restoring on some 2.8E/F last time i was at his shop.

Anyways, i have a Va with the original leather on. It is stored in the drybox. I maintained it by rubbing a bit of mink oil on the leather every now and then when i am not using it. I think you can get mink oil from handifix or the like. Search other their leather care section. Follow bottle instruction on use but use sparingly, don't want to leak oil into the working parts.

Great information obscure. Might pay him a visit for opportunity to make my 2.8F looks more sexy. Perhaps he has snake skin too??

Yes I use some mink oil too. Can be purchased in most good men's shoe department. But I wont use too much of it. Rolleiflex/cord leather is pretty hardy.

Just bought a seagull from China. Would Rolleiflex leather be compatible with the seagull? Any recommendations on how to restore? :)
thanks

Thanks for all the info! I wanted to order the leader skins online too, and might be fun doing the DIY bit. But I think I shall contact the pros to ask how much it would cost to do the paintwork on the camera. :D

I was tempted to bring my rolleicord for my trip to Thailand... but didn't bring because it's bulky for my trip (to the Thai borders). I hope to restore the camera soon and then I'll shoot more on it than my Ricoh GRD :p

DE Camera gets my vote too.

He done my TLR and it's like brand new again.

Also fitted a NEW split screen with brighter and accurate focusing.

And a small brass trigger softie which i find it's very well design.

Another 2 thumbs up for Philip Tay, just got my 2.8D, after a major overhaul on the shutter and winding mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.