Hong Kong Camera Gears Shopping Guide 2012

See see look look...

Last edited:
Just came back from hk yesterday. Brought nikkor 70-300 vr at 2800 from tin Cheong camera at sim city. Pay by visa, end up paying more of sin $40 resulting of $829. Cheapest in sin is selling at 870. So saving of $40 dollar.
There is a defect on the cap holder sticker, went to Nikon service centre this morning, with the receipt, no answer ask and replace this cap sticker and also clean my d7000 sensor at not cost( under warrenty), up for NSC.
So it you take whether to buy in hk or not, however this apply yo nikon, if were tamron or sigma, better to buy in Singapore in my option.
Also aliu street is a must to go!

Has anyone got the latest price for Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR II ?

TIA.

Hi guys, just asking, does anyone think getting kenko teleconverter is worth it in hk? Did a search cant find any clues. Thxs.

Went to DC Camera at Sim City.. Was asking for price and the sales guy had a very bad attitude.. Decided to walk out without buying.. Ended up at Tin Cheung which is just round the corner.. DC quoted the highest price.. Bought at Sima 30mm f1.4

Went to DC Camera at Sim City.. Was asking for price and the sales guy had a very bad attitude.. Decided to walk out without buying.. Ended up at Tin Cheung which is just round the corner.. DC quoted the highest price.. Bought at Sima 30mm f1.4

Tin cheung's service is quite standard, not the most friendly but they don't give bad attitude

Does anyone know if Sony still provides international warranty for their camera/ lenses purchased in HK.
The first page of the first HK gear shopping thread said that it is possible to get international warranty by application through the Sony service centre, but I wonder if there's any change in that policy.
Thanks in advance

This is an awesome thread.... Looking forward to my photography shopping frenzy in HK. Thanks for CS Tan!!! ;)

Does anyone know if Sony still provides international warranty for their camera/ lenses purchased in HK.
The first page of the first HK gear shopping thread said that it is possible to get international warranty by application through the Sony service centre, but I wonder if there's any change in that policy.
Thanks in advance
No change in policy

Thank you.
Now I just need to get together some money for a short trip.

CS TAN said:
No change in policy

Kool. Intend to get d CZ24-1.8 E Mount lens there. Do u haf a ball park figure price?

Issit recently the price in hk increases? I didn't check all, but most of the items I saw-- lens, cameras are almost equal the price in US or SG.

Does anyone know if the price of parallel imported/'grey' sets vary a lot between HK and SG? I'm thinking of getting a camera body on my coming HK trip

D advantage of cheaper camera stuff in HK is fast disappearing. Sad but true.

yes it looks like it, price difference is getting smaller and smaller, even with the good exchange rate
if not careful might even end up paying more than buying in Spore.

ortega said:
yes it looks like it, price difference is getting smaller and smaller, even with the good exchange rate
if not careful might even end up paying more than buying in Spore.

There r still some good buys for legacy lenses if u frequently check out HKLFC website.