Home studio setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
no lar.. cathay is not like that... but then again they know my face..

anyway that quote is correct, same price that i got quoted. but i chose to use bowens instead. my set up is a mix of bowens and jinbei, as they both have the same mount. as in, jinbei uses bowens mount.

not sure if you know, different brand got different mounts to fit light modifiers, just like canon and nikon mount are different like that.

joho, u photography to tan jiak one rite?i appreciate your time to 'teach' newbies like me.
usually tan jiak type wont give a damn(pardon my lingo ya) about newbies.:D
luckily you tell me, nope.i dont know diff lights got diff mounts.so troublesome one ah?dun have one size fit all like condoms ah?:bsmilie:

loan you my laser measuring device.

me hdb ceiling also can liao.

pocket wizard is one of the most stable and trustworthy remote trigger costing around - $650.

or you can try My Slave-60 from s.korea - $280

holy smoke!650 for remote trigger ah?bro, i'm not without a budget.:bsmilie:
how come some trigger only $80?really got difference or is it branding like "it's the LV bag and canvas bag issue"?

u wouldn't believe this, but if i'm shooting at f/8 all the way (or around there) my most preferred lens for the studio is the afs18-70dx! :thumbsup:

light and great zoom range!

but my 17-55 is "permanently" mounted on one of my d200 so usually i dun bother just grab that one. but it can be a bit short for close ups.

if i buy cheena 300watts lights.F8 aperture enough meh?i mean the strobes powderful enuff meh?:bsmilie: :dunno:

i have 50 1.4, 18-200vr, 80-200afd, 20mm.
thinkg of 85 1.4, 105dc and of cos my ultimate dream of the 70-200vr.
so how?which one suitable considering what i have?

ddarkroom,

u wont know how clumsy a petite gal like me is.holding d200 in one hand?u got to be kidding me.

student,

turn down a/c as in make the room colder?office means?u another tan jiak one is it?:bsmilie:

terence,

your setup is cheap!BUT 100watts a bit unsuitable for me.last thing i want is to buy something then realised not powderful enuf and then go buy a better one.so i'll prob stick to 400 or 500w.what's a light tent for?product shots?and where:dunno: to get backdrops other than cp?
6 by 7 meter back drop, i assume it is sufficient to shoot full length portraits?when u buy backdrops, do they include delivery?else, 6m x 7 how to fit into car?i'm assuimg it comes in rolls like toilet paper.

holy smoke!650 for remote trigger ah?bro, i'm not without a budget.:bsmilie:
how come some trigger only $80?really got difference or is it branding like "it's the LV bag and canvas bag issue"?

i think the My Slave 60 kit will be sufficient. yesterday went down wanting to try at slcc but the boss wasn't in. just one guy happily surfing cs. like almost every question asked also dunno.

17 rooms mansion. aka istana zakaria in klang.

A 15m x 7m room is very huge - bigger than I would say, most photogrpahy studios. You must be staying in a mansion or bungalow or something equilvalent.

Think for your space, 50mm should be able to give you just nice full body shots.

It's true that different strobes have different mounts, that's why it's important to go with a system right from the start. Though there are adaptors available, they are not cheap.

For the cheap wireless trigger, I find that they work very well. The only problem is that they get interference from handphones sometimes and start trigger like mad, so just put your hp further away :bsmilie:

What wattage to buy also depends on what modifiers you use. Things like beauty dish drains a large amount of power. I think full power on a 600w gives barely F8.

CP offers delivery for backdrop, but only on certain days. You have to check with them for this. If not, you can start with smaller rolls first lor.

student,

turn down a/c as in make the room colder?office means?u another tan jiak one is it?:bsmilie:

#1 I am only an amateur. Lose money one!

#2 No, the models felt too cold. So I had to make it hotter! Despite 1000-2600 watts in the very small room!

For the cheap wireless trigger, I find that they work very well. The only problem is that they get interference from handphones sometimes and start trigger like mad, so just put your hp further away :bsmilie:
If u use Infra Red u would not have interference...

i think the My Slave 60 kit will be sufficient. yesterday went down wanting to try at slcc but the boss wasn't in. just one guy happily surfing cs. like almost every question asked also dunno.

wat's slcc?

astin

very nice!a pic speaks a thousand words.

i see all the cables runnning about.doh.any thing such as cableless strobes?:bsmilie: :dunno:

i think i'll get 2 strobes first.maybe 1 at 1kwatt and another at 500w.wat u think?
btw, the 1k and 500w types, can the power of the strobe be controlled?

i'm amazed a setup like yours can shoot full length portrait.i always think need alot of space one.:bsmilie:

btw, nice a$$ :bsmilie:
Studio_sample_2.jpg

no, photography is only my hobby.nothing more, nothing less.

:think: Hmmmm Feeling rich??? would u be sure u will be using it often to justify the amount spent on it?

u mean u stay in 17 rooms mansion in klang?wow!:eek:
Jean ... NPNT (No Pic No Tok)
may i suggest you post a photo of your room (of course minus your bed, etc..).. This will help a lot when these experts are giving you advices. :bsmilie:
However if you want even better advices, post one of your nicer photo (esp the one where u look like Lin Chiling), or if you are ok, have a open house, and i am sure these experts will bring along their equipments for you to test out before u plonk yr hard earned cash ....:think:

Think for your space, 50mm should be able to give you just nice full body shots.

It's true that different strobes have different mounts, that's why it's important to go with a system right from the start. Though there are adaptors available, they are not cheap.

What wattage to buy also depends on what modifiers you use. Things like beauty dish drains a large amount of power. I think full power on a 600w gives barely F8.

CP offers delivery for backdrop, but only on certain days. You have to check with them for this. If not, you can start with smaller rolls first lor.

would like to ask, will the exposure be the same if i stand next to strobes with a 50mm and if i stand 3 meters away (behind) of strobes with the same lens and same settings?
if answer is yes,

then can i use a 85mm(for eg) and stand 5 meters(eg lah) away from strobes and fire away?will the exposure be the same?

btw, nice a$$ :bsmilie:
Studio_sample_2.jpg
and I am so sure brudder Astin will teach you a thing or two to stand like that if you invite him to your new studio ....:bsmilie:

astin

very nice!a pic speaks a thousand words.

i see all the cables runnning about.doh.any thing such as cableless strobes?:bsmilie: :dunno:

i think i'll get 2 strobes first.maybe 1 at 1kwatt and another at 500w.wat u think?
btw, the 1k and 500w types, can the power of the strobe be controlled?

i'm amazed a setup like yours can shoot full length portrait.i always think need alot of space one.

btw, nice a$$
Studio_sample_2.jpg

How to have no cable? That the problem with life man, so many wires and stuff. The last time I went overseas I had a whole bag of assorted chargers :sweat: Agree that's a nice ass :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.