hi to everyone here

koo82

Mar 27, 2011
hi everyone,
i am new to this forum and also very new to DSLR camera. i am looking for a cheap DSLR camera to start with and learn throught out so that i can slowly upgrade myself to a more high end DSLR camera in future. i am really not sure which one to buy. really need some preciouse advise from bro and sis here to help me start my DSLR journey. thanks:)

Hello :) your thread and your question is going to invite a lot of flaks. i suggest you think about what want, go down to a shop and try it out, but take what the salesperson tell you as a pinch of salt. i rather you read reviews online.

since you are starting out and may upgrade, i also suggest you grab something 2nd-hand from the buy/sell section. the savings can be re-invested on a dry cab, decent lenses or flash. If you do your due diligence, you would also notice that some "2nd hand" in the BS section is actually new. For example, some sellers are selling brand-new Sony SLT-A33 for some $800 odd with kit lens.

Don't be conned by some retailers into buy cheap and lousy filters for your camera (e.g. brands like Vitacon, Emolux etc). Think most people buy only Hoya, Kenko or B+W..

I went through this journey not too long ago so i understand how you feel..

Hello :) your thread and your question is going to invite a lot of flaks. i suggest you think about what want, go down to a shop and try it out, but take what the salesperson tell you as a pinch of salt. i rather you read reviews online.

since you are starting out and may upgrade, i also suggest you grab something 2nd-hand from the buy/sell section. the savings can be re-invested on a dry cab, decent lenses or flash. If you do your due diligence, you would also notice that some "2nd hand" in the BS section is actually new. For example, some sellers are selling brand-new Sony SLT-A33 for some $800 odd with kit lens.

Don't be conned by some retailers into buy cheap and lousy filters for your camera (e.g. brands like Vitacon, Emolux etc). Think most people buy only Hoya, Kenko or B+W..

I went through this journey not too long ago so i understand how you feel..

hi, thanks for replying to my thread. actually did saw some secondhand DSLR camera in the buy/sell section. but i am not sure should i buy or not cos dunno how is the condition.

hi, thanks for replying to my thread. actually did saw some secondhand DSLR camera in the buy/sell section. but i am not sure should i buy or not cos dunno how is the condition.

You can always view it first, no obligations to buy. Arrange for a viewing session and only hand over the money if you are satisfied :)

I might able to assist you if you located at west even I am a newbie here.

N i might be able to help if you're at the east. hehe.. newbie too..

do you have any brand and model in mind?

I might able to assist you if you located at west even I am a newbie here.

hi, thanks for replying to my thread. i am living in the west side too:)

N i might be able to help if you're at the east. hehe.. newbie too..

do you have any brand and model in mind?

hi, thanks for replying to my thread. actually i am looking for nikon or canon. model too many already dunno start from where so start a thread here to seek help and advise.

hi, thanks for replying to my thread. actually i am looking for nikon or canon. model too many already dunno start from where so start a thread here to seek help and advise.

Why limit yourself to those 2 brands? I suggest reading the "FAQ: What DSLR to buy?" thread and keep an open mind to the other brands - you might be surprised what sort of value for money you get. Do also remember to look past the features to the limitations of certain models too.

model too many already dunno start from where so start a thread here to seek help and advise.

Starting a thread here won't help really... You will get way too much conflicting advice. Once you have set a budget, then you will know already what the model range in your budget is. Then you can do research on those models. Don't forget to include the cost of filters, dry cabinet, etc.

Most important is for yo yourself to try the cameras. in the end it's *your* money, so you need to get a camera that suits *you* perfectly. For example, when I was first shopping for a DSLR, I was considering a Canon or Nikon. Most people I knew recommended Canon (which was the most expensive). So I went to the shops and tried the cameras. I found out that the Canon didn't feel too comfortable at all in my hands. The Nikon felt great, but I did not like the button arrangement - it annoyed me. Then I stumbled across another brand and the ergonomics were great, and it was feature-packed compared to N and C and even cost less!

FYI, that camera went all over the world with me, up mountains (Mt. Kilimanjaro, where cameras from a "big brand" failed) and through rain and hail and never stopped working.

so you see? Conflicting advice. Canon users will tell you to get Canon. Nikon to get Nikon. Sony to get Sony. Pentax to get Pentax. etc etc etc

Welcome to CS. ^^ :devil:

=================================================
Buying Guides for Newbie

=================================================
Singapore Camera equipment price guides:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124

Newbie guide to buying lenses:
http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Guides/lens_buying_guide_01.htm

Newbie guide to buying DSLR:
http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Guides/dslr_buying_guide_01.htm

Arloe!

oh yea.. forgot to say - Welcome to CS..