Hi All !!! Please Congratulate Me !!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no $ no talk ...
jade emperor i also wont shoot :D

in a organisation,When u have a skill or something useful (that not everyone has), don't be make used of. Instead make it your advantage.

This happened when I was a junior-ranked corporal when doing national service. I was only one of 3-4 personnal in the camp(small divison) who holds a license to drive a military vechical. There's two MID plate vehicles in the camp for official use. One is a passenger car and the other is a lorry.

Being the most junior, I was natually "arrowed" to do all the **** work that requires driving those vehicles. Instead of seeing it as extra work, I used to to my advantage. With that "power", I naturally had a advantage. Even high-ranked officers had to "butter" me. Instead of "ordering" me to drive them here and there, they have to politely ask me, this is so that I will not "report" them "abusing their rights" to use the vehicles(and petrol) instead of using their own private cars. although the vehicles are used to travel between various camps, There's a fine line between official work and private matters

so the officers had to be dangle some sort of "carrot" infront of me, like extra hours off and extra off days etc. They were also extra nice to me because I was useful. So my life as as a junior NSF was pretty good. I was excused from alot of other hard work because all I did was...drive drive drive. The other 3-4 person who had that driving license see it as a burden coz it's extra work. I see it as a priviledge :)

it's all about having the right attitude and perspective.

also about learning how to say no too haha.

but i guess there are times when we have... non paying obligatory events we have to shoot at work.

My listed local company started a Photography club in the company and uses them to take all company events. Indoor, outdoor, launches, runs ,Sports & games .... (too many to name) All for the total amount of S$0000.00... ofcourse all uses their own equipment. They are happy at being made use of as they think that it will give them the edge when comes promotion as they rub many many management shoulders and god knows what:thumbsd: :ipuke:

They are happy at being made use of as they think that it will give them the edge when comes promotion as they rub many many management shoulders and god knows what:thumbsd: :ipuke:

Yeah... Management will never promote them for as long as they have useful skills and can be bossed around. You never promote yur free laborers to positions where they might think they're too high up for that stuff...

My line of work won't get that far up the ladder...sad to say :cry: I am just a waiter up there somewhere...... Many of those free laborers in the various group do get promoted although their work is of average quality... kelong at work.

Hi guys,

Appreciate yOur comments in my final hour of preparation.
It is all full steam ahead for me now and last check on my gear.

Nothing much la, just a D7k and a kit lens.

I am very new to photography, I only started to know photography about 2 mOnths ago.

Sometimes, I do things not for mOney reward but a simple thanks is good enough,
If after this event, my boss wishes to say bird language to me then so be it.

I also need to thank him for giving me this opportunity to sharpen my skills.

I think many photographer started off this curves.

So as fellow mates, I hope you all wish me good luck as I enter into this day of challenge

Well, unless you all are not true Photographer and are evil photographers then I got nothing to say le.....

It's hard for me to say 'NO'.

I was all along helping out company to shoot some pictures here and there ...

Recently, i bought a Nikon DSLR ... dun know who go around and spread ...

Now beside doing Admin, i also have to shoot for company events.

Got 1 time, i tried to push my luck with my Boss and ask for the company to sponsor me a #300+ flash light ... I think it's SB700 or something like that.

My Boss told me after the event then say.

During the event, i stand by and shoot for 7 hours.

When the event is over and i asked for the little flash light. .... He brought me to DIY shop and bought me a $13.50 LED flash light.

Looking at this thread you created, I wouldn't look too far away for the culprit........ and congrats, you fell for it once again.

and being a true photographer who doesn't need anything in return like yourself, I'm sure you will politely reject your boss's offer of a 2nd led light and donate the 1st one to a charitable organisation.

Hi guys,

Appreciate yOur comments in my final hour of preparation.
It is all full steam ahead for me now and last check on my gear.

Nothing much la, just a D7k and a kit lens.

I am very new to photography, I only started to know photography about 2 mOnths ago.

Sometimes, I do things not for mOney reward but a simple thanks is good enough,
If after this event, my boss wishes to say bird language to me then so be it.

I also need to thank him for giving me this opportunity to sharpen my skills.

I think many photographer started off this curves.

So as fellow mates, I hope you all wish me good luck as I enter into this day of challenge

Well, unless you all are not true Photographer and are evil photographers then I got nothing to say le.....
Good Luck!!

woots its your day. good luck and enjoy =)

Hi all,

Can wish me in a sincere way or not??

Like from the bottom of the heart, those type?

One more thing I am not telling, my boss also and did engage another photographer. The company paid for a ang mo to take photo. I am a backup but still need to take photo.

I am hoping to do Asian proud today.

One more thing I am not telling, my boss also and did engage another photographer. The company paid for a ang mo to take photo. I am a backup but still need to take photo.

hope you are not blocking his view, or appear in every photos he took, or hindrance him moving around, making him have a long lasting impression of an "Asian photographer".

btw, from my very bottom of my heart, Very Very Very Very Good Luck!!!

zzzz. what does this have to do with anything? are you still stuck in the 70s or 80s?

c'mon. western civilization is already crumbling and the Asian tigers are rising.

wake up your idea pal. you're having delusions of grandeur

make sure all your photos are underexposed, or at least DI it to look like underexposed, then can ask for more LED lights from DIY store

u mean ur company actually has a budget for a photographer and its not going to u?

can u work for me free next time true photographer? I promise u can build ur portfolio, gain experience, and future potential jobs! cross my heart.

seriously. this is the most toxic bvllsh!t u can feed to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.