Hi All !!! Please Congratulate Me !!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5922367566_a04a5738e4.jpg

uh.... hi?

Last edited:
I was just approached by my company President to be a event photographer for a Minister visit in our company!

Very happy sia !!!!!!!!

Feeling very Song Sia !!!!!!!!

Tonight must go charge all my battries and clean my lens good good !!!!

Wah !!! I don't think i can sleep tonight le !

:heart:

Well done! Congratulations!

2 things:

1. If the pictures come out ok, your boss will never say "thank you", instead will arrow you for future events...(free photographer).
2. If the pictures come out sucks, i think you better look for new job...

i dunno why ppl fuss abt minister coming...

he not human meh?

That's the problem,

I got no money to but that external flash at the moment.
Will have to use the D7k body flash.

Put a tissue in front. /QUOTE]

Tissue? Not Pro la...

After this photo session, company will buy u a D3X.. :cool:

It's hard for me to say 'NO'.

I was all along helping out company to shoot some pictures here and there ...

Recently, i bought a Nikon DSLR ... dun know who go around and spread ...

Now beside doing Admin, i also have to shoot for company events.

Got 1 time, i tried to push my luck with my Boss and ask for the company to sponsor me a #300+ flash light ... I think it's SB700 or something like that.

My Boss told me after the event then say.

During the event, i stand by and shoot for 7 hours.

When the event is over and i asked for the little flash light. .... He brought me to DIY shop and bought me a $13.50 LED flash light.

During the event, i stand by and shoot for 7 hours.

When the event is over and i asked for the little flash light. .... He brought me to DIY shop and bought me a $13.50 LED flash light.

Be a man. Grow a pair. Stand up to your boss and tell him you are not the company photog, but you are willing to be if there's a fee involved, as photographer is not part of your job duties. Sounds like your boss is just an abusive cheapskate.

I was just approached by my company President to be a event photographer for a Minister visit in our company!

Very happy sia !!!!!!!!

Would you like to be event photographer for my company? :bsmilie:

I am sure we can sell your sort of talent to all companies. :thumbsup: However, if you have a fee, I'm sorry, this will not be sustainable because we cannot afford men of your calibre to be our event photographer any longer.

Please accept my sincerest congratulations that you have finally been unearthed. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
"A true photographer will never accept a penny to take photo of others."

It will be much appreciated if one does not use the IN-YOUR-FACE font size...

No, because he has a heart of Gold.

;)

Well then I hope you can sell it because otherwise you're just being taken advantage of.

"A true photographer will never accept a penny to take photo of others."

I realized the same applies to doctors, firemen, police, judge, nurse, soldiers, teachers, priests, presidents.

They are all fake ones because they took salary or charge money.

Hi Google, CoNgrats! (Saying this only becos you asked for it in your thread title)... am summarizing what the bRuddas are trying to tell you here...cos i was once like you... i used to think that becos i got to snap big shots during company events...it's like a special honor...but after some time and many many big shots and many major events later...i realise that my shutter count is being wasted on such events and i am never allowed to use/show these photos...to put it simply...i became the company's "photographer" but my gear was my own and i was not paid for any of the shoots...

Am providing excerpts from this thread so you can see what it all boils down to...

Translation: They know you have a DSLR and don't want to spend money, so they arrowed you to be their "free" photographer.

Kana arrow to do sai kang also must give congratulations? :bsmilie:

2 things:

1. If the pictures come out ok, your boss will never say "thank you", instead will arrow you for future events...(free photographer).
2. If the pictures come out sucks, i think you better look for new job...

Be a man. Grow a pair. Stand up to your boss and tell him you are not the company photog, but you are willing to be if there's a fee involved, as photographer is not part of your job duties. Sounds like your boss is just an abusive cheapskate.

So at the end of the day....the company is just making use of you to satisfy their low/non-existent budget. You help with the event during your work hours or maybe outside your work hours....then you can't do ya work and gotta catch up on work after the event...dun forget that you may still need to do post-processing on the photos...so you not only do extra work at the expense of your original work...you are also wasting your personal resources (equipment & time) on such events.

Well, it's a good experience, no doubt about it. Hope you get over this experience part and move on cos....your gear will bear the brunt of all the events that follows after this first one...LOL!!! the arrows will be locked onto your back...

For me...i stopped after some time and now i waste my shutter count on birds and other stuff that i like...these photos can be used freely as and when i want to becos they are mine...when you snap for your company...the photos belong to them becos you will never be able to use them...

Status
Not open for further replies.