Help!! Tape deck jammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

doffreak

Oct 15, 2008
Greetings Experts, I just had a problem with my Sony FX7. Apologized if I post on the wrong forum. The tape deck can be closed but it did not retract back to the body. Might be the gear mechanism faulty as theres no 'gearing' sound after I closed the deck. Been using it for around 3 years and no warranty.

Where will you recommend me to sent it for repair ?

How much will it cost me on average?

Your kind assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

I suggest you take it to the Sony service centre and ask them for an estimated repair cost.

Send direct at sony synergy international business park at jurong east level 4 for broadcast eqpt repair.

FX7 is a consumer camera.

Thanks for your kind responses :)

Sent to Sony service ctr, town area & they will process it from there. I was infd that the charges is higher than consumer models.

had the same problem with my hd1000. seems like a common 'disease' among sony consumer camcorders. :thumbsd:
but i do have a work around with it and got it to work without sending it to sony. cheers.

Last edited:
had the same problem with my hd1000. seems like a common 'disease' among sony consumer camcorders. :thumbsd:
but i do have a work around with it and got it to work without sending it to sony. cheers.

Mind sharing your "work around" ..... hope its not like slapping it hard on the side or using screwdriver to press onto the deck gear...cos I worried it might create new problems ahead :(

For the benefit of those who might faced a similar problem with their FX7, I've got a brand new tape deck replaced with 3 months warranty for a total cost of $190+ and the repair was done in 4working days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.