Help!!! Photos with dark corners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2009
Dear All,

I noted my photos have dark corners......

Please advise anything wrong with my camera/len

Thanks from newbie

nixontkl

Nov 12, 2007
Punggol
nixontang.multiply.com
if u have added filter, the filter may be the cause of it at the wide angle. just remove the filter.

and TS - u cant link the picture just directly out from your computer. u need to upload it to a server on the internet (unless your system is configured to perform as server)

Last edited:

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Dear All,

Thanks from newbie

If you have a filter on, or one of those horrible so-called "Macro/wide angle" convertors, you're suffering from vignetting.

May 4, 2008
Dear All,

Thanks from newbie

Hi devilheart,

we cant show the image directly from you pc/laptop. You need to upload your picture to a photo server (photobucket, flickr) so that you can post yuor picture here..

That's vignetting...

You can get rid of it by shooting in a smaller aperture -or- slightly off the shortest focal length of your lens, -or- by doing so in post processing.

On the contrary, I love the vignetting especially for portraits :) I purposedly add the vignetting to the photos...

PrimePhotog

Deregistered
Oct 25, 2007
www.flickr.com
Could also be caused by using small format lenses on larger formats. ie. DX / EF-S etc lenses on full frame camera.

Oct 12, 2008
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Yes, What Dennisc, Nixontkl etc expressed views are correct. Vignetting and of course having a filter with a thick metal frame may be the course while shooting wide angle.

bruggink

Jul 2, 2008
Alternatively you can exaggerate the vignetting to make the pictures more artistic. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom