Help!!! Photos with dark corners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilzheart

Apr 27, 2009
Dear All,

I noted my photos have dark corners......

Please advise anything wrong with my camera/len

Thanks from newbie

Sounds like vignette to me, some lens naturally gives you that, when shooting in extreme Wide Angles.

if u have added filter, the filter may be the cause of it at the wide angle. just remove the filter.

and TS - u cant link the picture just directly out from your computer. u need to upload it to a server on the internet (unless your system is configured to perform as server)

Last edited:
Dear All,

Thanks from newbie

If you have a filter on, or one of those horrible so-called "Macro/wide angle" convertors, you're suffering from vignetting.

Dear All,

Thanks from newbie

Hi devilheart,

we cant show the image directly from you pc/laptop. You need to upload your picture to a photo server (photobucket, flickr) so that you can post yuor picture here..

if it is vignette, you can post process and remove it. Adobe lightroom is easy for removing vignette.

That's vignetting...

You can get rid of it by shooting in a smaller aperture -or- slightly off the shortest focal length of your lens, -or- by doing so in post processing.

On the contrary, I love the vignetting especially for portraits :) I purposedly add the vignetting to the photos...

Could also be caused by using small format lenses on larger formats. ie. DX / EF-S etc lenses on full frame camera.

Yes, What Dennisc, Nixontkl etc expressed views are correct. Vignetting and of course having a filter with a thick metal frame may be the course while shooting wide angle.

Alternatively you can exaggerate the vignetting to make the pictures more artistic. =)

where's the photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.