HDR steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true...slight movement spoils the whole picture.anyway, go dig up a model pic and try. ..at least we know how the results will be.
Did one on an old take for a "stationary" model. All developed from a single RAW file.
322007432_04ae845597.jpg

A bigger pic here

Ok, here goes :). I know, not nice. Used on a picture I've taken some time back from one of Charby's shoot (didn't shoot RAW for a long time liaoz).

Somehow the colours become strange after I do the HDR and especially where the darkened areas take place during the toning process. I chose this picture because the darkened area did not fall partially on the model's face ...

Anyone have another example for us to see?

A. Normal Image (After Post Process), B. HDR Image

A.
charbynewbieshootiv072fa5.jpg
B.
dsc0142gon8.jpg

* I know the pose n all that maybe not good, but this one only use to test HDR on it lah ... Pls comment on the HDR and not :kok: :flame: on the composition, model etc etc ...

maybe the skin tone color...but good effort.

so am i right to say from a single raw file, these are the steps:-

1) say exp: +1 save as TIFF
2) say exp: 0 save as tiff
3) say exp: -1 save as tiff

then using ACR to combine all the tiffs?

issit as simple as this or much more complicated? i'm getting alot of contradictory steps until blur liao

thanx!

kakakaka...we are all learning here. So far I am only using the Photomatix. to combine the shots. I use RAWshooter to extract 3 photos EV+1, 0 and -1. IBTW, I extract in JPG not TIFF. Then with photomatix, I generate and then tone map. Save in Tiff. Sometimes the TIFF is already good enough, so I skip the conversion of TIFF to Jpg.
I use InfranView to convert the TIFF to JPG and resize for WEB and others and also I use InfranView for the Contrast and brightness and minor adjustments to the color.

Pardon my noobness, but I must be missing something here.

I extracted up to 9 separate files from the same raw, Ev -4,-3,-2-1,0,+1,+2,+3,+4 and tried to use the automated merge to HDR function in CS2, but yet it returns with "There is not enough dynamic range to create a useful HDR image" and closes all the files without even letting me preview the final product.

What gives?

Ok, i found the answer to my own question...

And, to the inevitable question – no, you can't use different outputs of the same RAW file. They must be separate exposures covering different parts of the available brightness levels available in the scene.

Here's a useful link for HDR using CS2.

Hmmm.... but if that's the case how come you guys could do it with the same raw file. Now Im getting more confused. haha.

Hmmm.... but if that's the case how come you guys could do it with the same raw file. Now Im getting more confused. haha.

I think you need to discard the exif info of your files or manually change the exposure values in the exif info.. probably CS2 looked at the exif info and found that all your exposure values are the same..

you can use a raw developer that is able to remove the exif info like silkypix (got free version) the adobe CS2 will not complain

more info
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=238273

Here's my take. I also use Photomatix. ;)

295447167_2f044f1d0e_o.jpg

:thumbsup: You're right. Thanks zeith and wind30. Stripping the exif data through my jpg conversion and manually keying in the exposure settings did the trick. I had originally thought CS2 was looking at the histogram to determine dynamic range, but I guess I was wrong. :embrass:

Nice pics from everyone. But abit OT don't you think?

EEK!!! lee what did you do?? It looks :eek:

Actually what is one suppose to look for in HDR? the artificial colors??

EEK!!! lee what did you do?? It looks :eek:

Actually what is one suppose to look for in HDR? the artificial colors??

It's the wide range of tones.. tones that you wouldnt normally find in an unedited picture.

Not to say it's impossible to do so..

Not complaining ...don't worry. It's just the fun of seeing all the different colors that one can get out of the HDR. :D

hi,
the most effective ways is for u to use a HDR merging software called photomatix, but i use photoshop. use a tripod and bracket a minimum of 3 shot 1 half stops apart. then use the hdr tools to merge them. i do some post processing after that to add my editing styles. here's an example. i hope it helps.

shah

istana.jpg

been here before .. for shoot..

Status
Not open for further replies.