[GRbenji #02] Macro @ Venus Drive on 15 Jan 2011 (Discussions)

Eh btw, do i have to wear jeans or something? Scared we going inside the bushes and stuff so thinking whether need to wear shoes or long pants or anything or not. :sweat:

Sorry for noob question.

The most important thing you cannot forget ---> CAMERA + LENS :sweatsm:

Ok but seriously do I need to wear jeans and shoes?? @_@

Ok but seriously do I need to wear jeans and shoes?? @_@

Yes.
Try as much to wear trekking boots or sport shoes and avoid wearing slippers. This to prevent muddy and slippery it if there has been recent rains.

Bro Koh ...:embrass:
Do you think my fren can tag along with me?
She is quite keen into macro and is first time.

Dunno where to post so can I post here??..

Ytr just got Tamron 90. 2 Questions-

1) What filter is the best for this lens since I'll be using it mainly for marco? Skylight filter ok or better don't buy?

2) In dim dim light, cannot really focus. I try to shoot a subject ard 20cm (not very near right) but cannot focus at all. But if I move a bit further away, it can then focus. Isn't normal?

Appreciate any reply. Thanks!!

1) What filter is the best for this lens since I'll be using it mainly for marco? Skylight filter ok or better don't buy?

2) In dim dim light, cannot really focus. I try to shoot a subject ard 20cm (not very near right) but cannot focus at all. But if I move a bit further away, it can then focus. Isn't normal?

1. Either no filter or UV filter mainly for protection against scratch.

2. Pretty normal for low light when focusing very close. Like in night macro, use torch and/or manual focus.

Hi,
I'm been using the T90.
Just to share some info on your questions.
#1 - I din use any filter for this lense as there is a deep recess from the front element to the cap. So generally that is quite safe. ;)

#2 - The MFD is 29cm. When its at 1:1, the full length of the lense due to barrel extension is ard +/-15cm. This is cos there is no IF. So the Minimum working distance is ard +/-14cm.
I normally use manual focus. Auto focus is also fine but on low light, the af will hunt.
So far no problems.

Hope it helps. ;)