GR Digital II announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, my grdI flash seems to be having problems. the flash fires randomly and sometimes it doesnt even fire.. is it a setting problem or manufacturing defect?

any help appreciated..thanks

Hi

Not familiar with Ricohs but interested to get one after reading this thread and the pics posted.

Can anyone tell me the diff between the 2 and cost?

Also, is HK cheaper to get compared to SG?

You mean the GX200 right? For starters, the GX200, being a newer revision, packs a much larger RAW buffer and a higher 12 MP count - though *we* know that increment is nothing much to shout about when it comes to relatively tiny p&s sensors. It has zoom capability too, and starts wider at 24 mm. However, GRD users will say the GRD lens is unbeatable and its flash hotshoe is TTL-capable with some Sigma flashes (GX200's one is "dumb" with only the centre contact point, but that means you can fit almost all Flash albeit with partially automatic controls).

You mean the GX200 right? For starters, the GX200, being a newer revision, packs a much larger RAW buffer and a higher 12 MP count - though *we* know that increment is nothing much to shout about when it comes to relatively tiny p&s sensors. It has zoom capability too, and starts wider at 24 mm. However, GRD users will say the GRD lens is unbeatable and its flash hotshoe is TTL-capable with some Sigma flashes (GX200's one is "dumb" with only the centre contact point, but that means you can fit almost all Flash albeit with partially automatic controls).
Hi BQ

If cost is not an issue, which wld u recommend. GRD of GX200.

Get the GRD2. I own a GX100 before. Sold it away due to crappy design of the lens closure area.

GRD2 allows you to retract the lens behind a automatic blade to protect the lens.

GX100 cant do that. You need to put a lens cap on it. The cap is quite loose in my opinion.

Hi BQ

If cost is not an issue, which wld u recommend. GRD of GX200.

If you don't mind sacrificing the zooming capability of the GX200 or if you do not shoot constantly with RAW files, go for the GR-D II lor... GR-D II is fast enough for RAW for a point-and-shoot, though the GX200 will be even faster. The GR-D II prime lens is supposedly yummy and the built-in automatic lens cover saves the hassle of removing the lens cap...

Get the GRD2. I own a GX100 before. Sold it away due to crappy design of the lens closure area.

GRD2 allows you to retract the lens behind a automatic blade to protect the lens.

GX100 cant do that. You need to put a lens cap on it. The cap is quite loose in my opinion.

... You do know that there's a new lens cap that opens and closes automatically with the opening/closing of the lens for the GX series right? :D Looks quite funky, hahahaha...

The GRD2 lens is excellent, and the GRD2 excels in exposure, white balane and the 28mm lens is very sharp.

Lets get more pics of any GX100/200, GRD1/2 into this thread :)!

GRD2:
2909894280_282fc4840e.jpg

Anyone done a comparison between the GX200 and the GRDII?

How does the image quality compare? Thanks! :D

get a feel of the cameras is the best way to help u decide on it.

go to a shop and try them.

bring along your SD card.

GR-D & GX series are totally different kind of camera.

one is a prime, one is a zoom.

could u live with a fixed focal length?

or do u need a zoom to fulfill your needs?

GR-D is not everyone's cup of tea.

normally, people who get GR-D are people who already know what they wants.

don't get it because someone say its good.

if u get it because of that, whats so good about it?

only yourself will know why u feel its good.

i see, and know quite a few people who gotten themselves a GR-D happily, and sold it in matter of days.

so, try it first, think n know what u want.

take this example,

"a man walks into a showroom and ask, how much is this watch?"

salesman reply, "if you ask the price, u can't afford it."

its the same as, if you're asking how is the GR-D being compared to the GX series, most likely, u don't need & won't like the GR-D.

btw, i'm a GR-D II user. used to own a GX100 also.

just my little comments.

i agree that you shouldn't buy it just because people say its good... because what you see in someone else's photos isn't equal to what you see in yours. its best to hands on and try before you decide...

i know of people who can't live without zoom in a camera. some people don't even understand what's so great about a prime lens... I guess it just prove GRD isn't their cup of tea...

but i can only say, GRD is prolly the best and closest PnS camera next to a DSLR... imho.

Anne I agree with you completely! :) The funny thing is that I am a keen 50mm shooter but the move to the GRD2 has made me appreciate the 28mm FOV again.

Just a pinch of salt however for the guy who's deciding b/t GX200 and GRD2. Test both the cameras out throughly as what you want and expect from a compact may or may not be fufilled with either. In the end you might end up with a Canon G9, which is also an excellent camera at a good price.

one from last week

2928212714_6ff4a989e3_o.jpg

sorry can anyone help me? i cant seem to post pictures from flickr .

I hope i get it right this time...

2905227102_80e1071b6d.jpg

2914458851_3e0cd8f28b.jpg

Voila.. 2 more

2966603793_6d3a89ed89.jpg

2936424927_04492a6711.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info...I purposely set it to iso 1600...like the grainy look at times...

Thanks for the info...I purposely set it to iso 1600...like the grainy look at times...

grains or no grains..

personal preference.

but i like it.

the black n white ones are nice..

especially the lady photo.

maybe due to shooting in film.

cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.