Good Headphones / Earphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought mine from this guy in HWZ who's selling a couple of other stuff as well. He happens to be my friend. Check out his thread if you want. The Atrio is is like having a 2.1 system in your head! Haha.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1918034&highlight=slowth

Where did you buy yours? I dont think Jaben or Stereo sells it.

If you are into strong, engaging bass and good details, i'd recommend the Futuresonics Atrio. I own it and i LOVE it to bits.

they are causing inflation of expectations mah! :bsmilie: few years down the road i may need a good hearing aid. best if can hear people talk behind my back. mua-hahhaa...

UM1 is a brand? got link for me to drool over the pic? i tot Sennheiser's CX300 were drool worthy enough.

i oso like good quality sound but sometimes my ears (dunno wad brand) dun pair off that well. :bsmilie:

UM1 is a model from Westone. Someone else here has the UM2, higher end when compared to the UM1s. The UM1s do the job for me, and most importantly, they are extremely comfortable for in-ear monitors:

http://www.westone.com/content/215.html

Here's the setup you can purchase from Jaben (apologies for the shitty quality, just took this with my camera phone):

19082008gl8.jpg

iPod is connected to the crossroads amp via the dock connector, and the headphones are then plugged into the amp via the 3.5mm audio jack.

UM1 is a model from Westone. Someone else here has the UM2, higher end when compared to the UM1s. The UM1s do the job for me, and most importantly, they are extremely comfortable for in-ear monitors:

Here's the setup you can purchase from Jaben (apologies for the shitty quality, just took this with my camera phone):

iPod is connected to the crossroads amp via the dock connector, and the headphones are then plugged into the amp via the 3.5mm audio jack.

wah, got pic ;p. so that UM1 is earphone + the amp? if so, its quite abit of thing. i prefer just the earphones, but thatz just me.

thanks. :)

I recommend the Sony ones. Been very happy with them so far.

The UM1 is just the earphones. The amp and cables are extras in the package by Jaben. However honestly, after using UM1, UM2, almost the entire Shure line before, nothing really beats the Futuresonics Atrio. The sound of the Atrio blows them all away - literally. Nothing gives you that kinda of natural sounding and thumping bass i've felt with the Atrio. Just costs a little more than the UM1. Honestly, I would say to save up a little more and go for the Atrio. It sounds way more than it costs. You can get a quick audition with the seller i've mentioned a few posts up. I love my set. If i'd lost it, i'll buy two more - one to use, and one to keep as a spare in case i lose it again!!

The UM1 is just the earphones. The amp and cables are extras in the package by Jaben. However honestly, after using UM1, UM2, almost the entire Shure line before, nothing really beats the Futuresonics Atrio. The sound of the Atrio blows them all away - literally. Nothing gives you that kinda of natural sounding and thumping bass i've felt with the Atrio. Just costs a little more than the UM1. Honestly, I would say to save up a little more and go for the Atrio. It sounds way more than it costs. You can get a quick audition with the seller i've mentioned a few posts up. I love my set. If i'd lost it, i'll buy two more - one to use, and one to keep as a spare in case i lose it again!!

Now you're making me gian for these Futuresonics. Would love to give them a try sometime. Comfort-wise, how do they compare to the UM1s?

I love big bass and I can not lie!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

lots of information given here. I would be looking for one that is sufficently blocks out hte train noise. I not sure if a solid Hi-Fi sound is really a must if I am on the train. just some music to keep myself entertained without blasting my eardrums.

looking forward this weekend to test some of them.

cheers!

Thanks everyone!

lots of information given here. I would be looking for one that is sufficently blocks out hte train noise. I not sure if a solid Hi-Fi sound is really a must if I am on the train. just some music to keep myself entertained without blasting my eardrums.

looking forward this weekend to test some of them.

cheers!

Heads up man....just got back from Sim Lim Sq...If you wanna try out the Sony's...on the 2nd or 3rd floor they have some from the $38.00 ones to the $400+ Sony in-ear phones you can try out. I was there to check out a blue tooth model so saw some guyt trying them out..no hassle or anything. You can't miss it...it is like a Sony showroom...all prices are displayed so easy for you to look see and decide. There is another shop near the Escalator as you come up to the 3rd floor. You can't miss it as it sell lots of headsets, mixers..etc. They have the whole line there..from low end to high end and beyond ridiculous. Prices are not bad with some bargaining.. bought quite a few of my headsets there all these years...but for some reason..I never can recall the name of the shop heheh...No harassing at this shop lah.

I'm using Audio Technica ATH-ANC3 for my main earphones outdoors.

It's great. I can sit in the bus, with 2 people quarreling two seats away in front of me and I can't hear a thing. iPod volume at half or less.

5/5.

Except that I don't like that extra bulk by get used to it already.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Technica-Nois...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1219151730&sr=8-1

I've a Shure se530. When I walk, I can head my feet walking. I can hear the wires hitting my chest. I can hear my own throat swallowing saliva. NOT good on the move. Other model I'm not too sure.

Heads up man....just got back from Sim Lim Sq...If you wanna try out the Sony's...on the 2nd or 3rd floor they have some from the $38.00 ones to the $400+ Sony in-ear phones you can try out. I was there to check out a blue tooth model so saw some guyt trying them out..no hassle or anything. You can't miss it...it is like a Sony showroom...all prices are displayed so easy for you to look see and decide. There is another shop near the Escalator as you come up to the 3rd floor. You can't miss it as it sell lots of headsets, mixers..etc. They have the whole line there..from low end to high end and beyond ridiculous. Prices are not bad with some bargaining.. bought quite a few of my headsets there all these years...but for some reason..I never can recall the name of the shop heheh...No harassing at this shop lah.

wah, with all the pics of these gadgets. now u reminded me there is this wonderful shop that i can try them out?! :sweat:

looks like i will have to try much harder to resist spending $$$. :sweatsm:

Creative EP-630, very good and cheap! using one now.. :cool:

i dun have them (proof) on hand. i read it from papers.

I see but I think the vol will cause more damage then earphones cos all designs also direct sound into ur ears, even those open type headphones.

19082008gl8.jpg

These newer um1s sure look better than the old ones. The old ones have a cheap looking plastic tube slider.

lol this thread make me miss my ums and er4. Gonna dig them out and listen to them again. :bsmilie:

Now you're making me gian for these Futuresonics. Would love to give them a try sometime. Comfort-wise, how do they compare to the UM1s?

I love big bass and I can not lie!

The Futuresonics is like...for example...going for a Leona Lewis concert, sitting in front of the stage, feeling the subwoofers, hearing her voice through the huge speakers, and feeling the atmosphere of the place all at the same time. That's how its like!

Comfort wise, I can sleep with both the UM1 and the Futuresonics Atrio in my ears. No problem with that. You probably got to get new sleeves (Shure Grey flex sleeves or Olive, or Comply Foam, or Triple flanges) to go with the Atrio. The supplied ones are crap. The nozzle is the standard size like Westone, Shure and all so the normal sleeves will fit. Cables are great with no microphonics IF WORN OVER THE EAR. I wear it over the ear all the time so no issue for me.

I'd say to start with the Futuresonics Atrio and stay there. Save a little bit more to get it because you'll honestly be getting the best. After owning the Westone UM1 and UM2, and almost the entire Shure line, and auditioning the Ultimate Ears, I'd say, you won't go wrong with the Atrio. I only regret not getting it earlier and saving all the time and money spent on the previous IEMs i owned / sold. Go get an audition from Slowth! Trust only your ears, not my words. Haha.

In case some of you missed the link before, http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...ghlight=slowth

Last edited:
The Futuresonics is like...for example...going for a Leona Lewis concert, sitting in front of the stage, feeling the subwoofers, hearing her voice through the huge speakers, and feeling the atmosphere of the place all at the same time. That's how its like!

Comfort wise, I can sleep with both the UM1 and the Futuresonics Atrio in my ears. No problem with that. You probably got to get new sleeves (Shure Grey flex sleeves or Olive, or Comply Foam, or Triple flanges) to go with the Atrio. The supplied ones are crap. The nozzle is the standard size like Westone, Shure and all so the normal sleeves will fit. Cables are great with no microphonics IF WORN OVER THE EAR. I wear it over the ear all the time so no issue for me.

I'd say to start with the Futuresonics Atrio and stay there. Save a little bit more to get it because you'll honestly be getting the best. After owning the Westone UM1 and UM2, and almost the entire Shure line, and auditioning the Ultimate Ears, I'd say, you won't go wrong with the Atrio. I only regret not getting it earlier and saving all the time and money spent on the previous IEMs i owned / sold. Go get an audition from Slowth! Trust only your ears, not my words. Haha.

In case some of you missed the link before, http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...ghlight=slowth

Futuresonics should be paying you some money for your advertising and persuasive powers!

I see but I think the vol will cause more damage then earphones cos all designs also direct sound into ur ears, even those open type headphones.

but those inner-ear earphones are enclosed designed. i think the sound pressure oso plays a part.:devil:

I'm not advertising. Haha. I'm just recommending something that i really like. And helping all of you save some money in this endless journey! Haha. Soon you'll start looking for portable headphone amps..and the list goes on...Haha. I've been there done that; wait a minute..been there, still doing that!

Its like buying camera and lenses. Its non-stop...haha.

Futuresonics should be paying you some money for your advertising and persuasive powers!

Status
Not open for further replies.