Going Funan & Adelphi today? Take a look at this.

Keltzar

Jul 18, 2002
West
Visit site
happy saturday...

If you are going to town today to do some camera shopping ... take a look at what the space of Adelphi (on left) and Funan (on right) would have looked like in 1880.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/c-1880s-PHO...816?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b55903c8

(FYI, Adelphi is named after the old Adelphi hotel which was demolished in the 1970s. It was a like the Raffles.)

My grandparents house used to be at those shop house at bencoolen street. Too bad I don't have a good film camera back then. But I still manage to manage to capture some photos/videos on it. Old memories never return again. :(

My grandparents house used to be at those shop house at bencoolen street. Too bad I don't have a good film camera back then. But I still manage to manage to capture some photos/videos on it. Old memories never return again. :(

Wow! This area seems to have very little documentation

There is a chance Funan Centre will go the way of Adelphi Hotel.

Wow! This area seems to have very little documentation

Maybe I am the last true blue singaporean to own those photos. I still remember the pink partner cut out at the now hotel 81, those time. :(

I still remember my grandmother appears on newspaper as the hotel near it got rats inflection, heh heh! I kept that copy till now, even she passed away at yr 2k, 92 by then. :(

Last edited:
Necessary evil of urbanisation

Why's that ?

It was on the news... current owner considering selling it or demolishing it... saying something like "IT mall no longer makes sense"...

SLS already a goner.. And now funan? Where to go next?

probably related to CMT upcoming purchase of bedok mall, need to raise funds from some where apart from debt since REITS cannot borrow at a higher leverage ratio unlike the past, even if they have good credit ratings.
anyway IT funan has been an under-performing asset on CMT portfolio.

Last edited: