going bintan

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
anyone being to bintan nirwana resort hotel?

plan to go there and do some shoot.

pls advise, that place good for shoot, like couple shoot? not going to banyan tree, too expensive.

smurfman said:

pls advise, that place good for shoot, like couple shoot? not going to banyan tree, too expensive.

u mean the hotel proper, or the other resorts under the nirwana brand name (mayang sari and mana-mana)?

mayang sari and mana-mana are located right on the common beach front, sharing with nirwana hotel. but, mayang sari (and i think for mana-mana also) are resort chalets. the chalets make a great backdrop/on-location shoot, compared to the hotel. if u walk along mayang sari's beach front, in the direction of banyan tree, u shld come to the breakwater wall. also quite nice to shoot. and, inside asmara spa (located at mayang sari, and shared with the other 2), they have very quite corners to shoot too... if u can gain access inside the spa. ;)

thks pal, going to book banyu biru villa.

is it gd place?

smurfman said:
thks pal, going to book banyu biru villa.

is it gd place?

dats more for family-size chalet, i believe? i stayed at mayang sari for my short honeymoon. ;p

by and large, the nirwana resorts are pretty well-maintained. the wooden floors might be a bit sticky tho, due to the salt-breeze. and if u going off-season like now, u are almost guaranteed a people-less background along the beach front. ;)

oh yeah. if u want pool-side pics of ur couple, u have to go to the hotel. the resorts dun have pools.

yup for 7 ppl villa. call up and the management allow me to go ard nirwana to shoot.
wonder is it all place in nirwana.

smurfman said:
yup for 7 ppl villa. call up and the management allow me to go ard nirwana to shoot.
wonder is it all place in nirwana.

are u shooting for pre-wedding? i believe they have some special packages for photo shoots. u might wanna ask ur couple to check it out. ;)

smurfman said:

When I was at bintan a few years ago, I stayed at Angsana Resort and Spa. The resort interior is very nice. It has a beautiful pool and it shares the same beach as banyan tree.

angsana not cheap though, as near 10 ppl going.

how abt bintan lagoon, gd? but only angsoka villa face sea and charges same as nirwana resort banyu biru villa.

bintan lagoon is it a gd place to shoot compare to nirwana? i see from web nirwana better place. need some experience bintan goers advice. thks.

thks for all advice given. enjoy your day.

smurfman, sorry to ask on ur thread cos i am thinking of going to bintan too...

whens the monsoon season? let say ifi go during end April, will it be okie?

I've tried mayang sari and nirwana.. Personally i would suggest Mayang sari for photo shoot.. its just located 1min away frrom the beach... the resort there is very classy, high celing and beautiful..
however, if you are staying at mayang sari and wish to pop over niwana, you can take the bintan resort's bus to nirwana and take a look and for shoot too.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nirwana is nice. Pray that the skies are clear. The starscape is lovely. Bring a tripod =)

QX

lil_princess said:
smurfman, sorry to ask on ur thread cos i am thinking of going to bintan too...

whens the monsoon season? let say ifi go during end April, will it be okie?

the really bad time is yr end. now, shld be okie.

Timber_Wolf - yeah.... esp if u are at mayang sari's open air pub, having a drink under the stars on the beach... :heart:

smurfman said:

Friend there are buses there to move around between resort, must try the kelong for eating seafood there, nice place to shoot too. Just check with the recept when you reach there and get the bus schedule from them.:thumbsup: Enjoy your stay and don't worried about location, everywhere is nice enough for wedding shoot.:thumbsup:

amospi said:
Friend there are buses there to move around between resort, must try the kelong for eating seafood there, nice place to shoot too. Just check with the recept when you reach there and get the bus schedule from them.:thumbsup: Enjoy your stay and don't worried about location, everywhere is nice enough for wedding shoot.:thumbsup:

bro why change avatar? wanna go together?

smurfman said:
bro why change avatar? wanna go together?

You going there to work or to enjoy friend? Nice place but expensive food.:sweat:

Been there many time liao, no plan to go there again at the moment.:p

kennyleong said:
I've tried mayang sari and nirwana.. Personally i would suggest Mayang sari for photo shoot.. its just located 1min away frrom the beach... the resort there is very classy, high celing and beautiful..
however, if you are staying at mayang sari and wish to pop over niwana, you can take the bintan resort's bus to nirwana and take a look and for shoot too.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I second that. I went to nirwana the first time, and every subsequent trip I went to mayang sari. It's nice. If its 10 people, how about the Banyu biru ? That's their equivalent to banyan tree.... its also nice.

Also see if the spa will let you shoot in their spa garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.