Gentle reminder to check prices before buying pre-owned from BnS

I don't see if these sellers are wrong in anyway. Like I say, a seller can charge any amount of money he/she wanted. It is up to the buyer to do their own research. Plus... frankly speaking... when I just started out (and not too active in Clubsnap or what) I bought my first camera from Best Denki at SRP price with some cheapo freebies. I have no idea how reliable smaller shops like those recommended here are and I don't even know of recommended shops at that time. Of course after using a couple of months or even immediately later on, and if I wanted to sell my camera, I would base on the amount of money (which is the SRP price) minus some from it, to sell.

And for that... many of you in CS would call me dishonest?

I mean... come on, not alot of people, especially those that are not active or not even a photography enthusiast who simply buy on impulse and later regretted it and wanted to sell their product, they didn't know the different between street price and SRP, to them it didn't matter.

What I am getting at is... don't immediately judge the character of a person, unless you have evidence or actual dealing of him/her. I know I wouldn't and I hope other wouldn't do that to me too. I always give everyone the benefit of doubt.

Only if everyone thinks like you, then this thread won't be created.

I do agree with you. The sellers can sell any price he/she likes. It is up to the buyers to do his/her homework. In the event that the buyer(s) pays more, then it is not the sellers' faults.

And taking the example you gave me... if you take a while to think...

The person did mentioned that he got it as a Christmas present. he might not even be a photography enthusiast or even like photography, of course he wouldn't go around asking for the street price of the camera he is selling. So... is that right to actually said that he/she is wrong.

Ya, no fault. He can sell any price he deems fit.

Some guy selling D70s for $400 somemore broken LOL

He thinks the year is 2007.

HAHAHA

Yeah. The seller is also not a newbie to this, saw him/her priced a 5d classic at 600 sometime back.

I am curious about some people, from the way you see them selling BNS, you will get an idea of their personality. They list used old items near brand new prices, sometimes even higher, and they put low ballers stay away and get egotistic. Of course, nobody even bother to PM them or even make an offer. Then they make it their part time job to post these sales thread every 3 days, for the next few months. End of the day, finally realization set in that nobody is going to buy at those prices and prices had fallen even lower. LPPL register new nick to sell at low prices. They will behave the same way on the stock market.

When I sell something old, it usually goes fast, with many buyers, because I have better use of my time and space, and prefer fast money.

People, I just noticed many people selling old D7100 and even D7000 on BNS for close to brand new D7200 prices.

According to the Nikon Price Guide thread, D7200 March 2015 price is $1180 only.

There are still idiots trying to sell their old junk D7000 for $1000.

People, I just noticed many people selling old D7100 and even D7000 on BNS for close to brand new D7200 prices.

According to the Nikon Price Guide thread, D7200 March 2015 price is $1180 only.

There are still idiots trying to sell their old junk D7000 for $1000.

Bro, your price outdated, I just got D7200, its even cheaper now, brand new $1160 from TK plus a lot of free gifts like $50 cash vouchers, dry cabinets, memory cards, bags, etc.

I saw got people selling two year old D7100 at $1200, so go figure. Maybe they donno the price current latest model price most likely.

Bro, your price outdated, I just got D7200, its even cheaper now, brand new $1160 from TK plus a lot of free gifts like $50 cash vouchers, dry cabinets, memory cards, bags, etc.

I saw got people selling two year old D7100 at $1200, so go figure. Maybe they donno the price current latest model price most likely.

Unless the seller calls up the funan shops to check, otherwise the street price is anyone's guess. Doubt anyone will do that. So buyer have to do their due diligence.

Unless the seller calls up the funan shops to check, otherwise the street price is anyone's guess. Doubt anyone will do that. So buyer have to do their due diligence.

Yah, buyers beware.

Anyway if selling gear, it is just common sense to do a search on recent sales thread to see an estimate of the used price on the street for that item especially its common knowledge that these are fast depreciating items esepcially camera bodies. I think some pople are just fishing for hai-gongs.