Gather young and newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
do take care, shooting too hard today? Hope you guys enjoyed the shoot :D

didnt shoot much.. most of us affected by the weather.. very very sunny day, but got nice clouds.

kynoe, where is the gathering location, if tmr i feel better i will come ?

Hey, where are we meeting for tomorrow's outing?
Orchard MRT? Meeting at 930 right?? Today's sun was HOT!!!! in the morning......

Hey, where are we meeting for tomorrow's outing?
Orchard MRT? Meeting at 930 right?? Today's sun was HOT!!!! in the morning......

indeed,got my T-shirt wet:( sorry that I may also miss tomorrow's shooting.

BTW,today got fujichrome processed at ruby photo,price is 4.5 without mounting,I think this price is quite reasonable,especially compared with the cost for the slide film.

To bahibo: keen to learn B/W shooting from you cause I am really impressed by its big tolerance of exposure.Which slide film do yo reccommend for B/W,please? the T-max in Cathay photo is about 4.5 per roll, a little expensive than fuji superia:( Thanks a lot~

to doubletoplei : b/w i usually shoot low key, for b/w u should go for iso 100 , more detail and fine grain --> what i'm looking for in B/w,i like detail.FOr b/w film try Kodak T400CN. For b&w slide i have no idea. And i think u should buy a set of filter otherwise the photo will be a bit dull. For rangefinder buying filter is like hell, can't find them,don't know where to buy.

How is the outing today ? So far 3 withdrawed already. Hope Kynoe ok, we mostly exhauted.

i'm also dieing, the extra class too long, make me dizzy, and the hot morning, i don't think can join. Sorry Kynoe.

Hi Bahibok, rest well. Do post some pics. ;)

I might start a thread for newbies to post pics, hopefully the more experience photographers can give some comments to help us learn. :D

to doubletoplei : b/w i usually shoot low key, for b/w u should go for iso 100 , more detail and fine grain --> what i'm looking for in B/w,i like detail.FOr b/w film try Kodak T400CN. For b&w slide i have no idea. And i think u should buy a set of filter otherwise the photo will be a bit dull. For rangefinder buying filter is like hell, can't find them,don't know where to buy.

How is the outing today ? So far 3 withdrawed already. Hope Kynoe ok, we mostly exhauted.

hahaa... talking about the outing, nkhoo and myself had a great time... yah, only both of us :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

waa,so small group ah. I wonder about everyone photos .Anyone got any to share , i'm very curious.

Yeah, lets start a thread in the gallery and post our pictures for comments and critiques yah!

But.....which corner ?

was thinking maybe under "A Photo A Day Project 2006" and name it "A photo every now and then by Newbies" :cool:

Haha... ya. Hey can someone teach me how to put my name on the photo before posting it up? Kynoe, you got a software you wanna send me???

Nice to meet everyone on Sat. The outing was quite enlightening indeed for a nub like me.. Weather was dead hot sia. Hope everyone is fine from it.

My photos are quite bad sia but i only take very few <25. Lolz. Only got 2 still decent. ;p.

was thinking maybe under "A Photo A Day Project 2006" and name it "A photo every now and then by Newbies" :cool:
Do put up the link if u have created the thread. it will be great. :D. thx

Thanks for organisnig the outing.

Haha... ya. Hey can someone teach me how to put my name on the photo before posting it up? Kynoe, you got a software you wanna send me???

hi, a very useful link for newbies again...

http://www.photo-freeware.net/

I'm using the following 3 software from there, FREE!

PixResizer - for batch compression
FrameFun - for putting frame, batch processing also
Photomerge - For putting the words as watermark (can see my site for samples)

yup, the weather is really killing on saturday morning. should meet up earlier next time so we can enjoy the nice cool weather and flowers. Hee.. i didnt take much pics also. didnt even have time to go check out the pics on my computer.

Hi all, have created a thread, do post your pics there...

happy posting

cheers!!

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=2645844#post2645844

hi there, i think it's a good initiation we have here, but it seems that it's going to get rather disorganised. i believe this is targeting at members who do not feel confident enough to post in the main galleries?

here's a suggestion, pictures for critique or sharing can still be posted in other galleries, but to encourage frequent practise among newbies how about we have something like 'Newbie Pictures for the Day' where participating members contribute 1 picture a day within the APAD gallery? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.